“Unique and Incredible”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Casa Panqarani

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Puno
Casa Panqarani
Ranked #1 of 67 Puno B&B and Inns
“Unique and Incredible”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

It's rare to be so moved by the care and comfort of strangers, but my stay at the Casa Panqarani was absolutely incredible. I showed up in Puno after battling a fever and cold for the last few days, and the altitude took my health in the wrong direction. Edgar immediately got me medical attention and oxygen, Consuelo cooked soups and brought me teas to ease my cough, and they both gave the kind of care that made it easier to be so sick so far from home. From a hot water bottle in my bed to a cell phone at night for emergencies, they really took the time to think of what would help me heal and feel more at ease in their home. They also got cake and lit a candle for my goddaughter's 19th birthday, which moved her to tears. I can't say enough about this place--if you are in Puno, Casa Panqarani is a must!

Room Tip: There are only four rooms and they are all lovely. Just be sure to call in advance, as they are alm...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

An excellent choice of accommodation in Puno. All previous excellent reviews are correct. One of the nicest places we have stayed in during our 3 weeks in South America. Spacious rooms, hot showers with towels, shampoo, and little extras that make the accommodation special. Simple breakfast but held in the kitchen in a beautiful room, that makes you feel at home. Peaceful setting with birds and not many other guest rooms, which make you feel relaxed. Would not stay anywhere else in Puno. Only small gripe is there are no heaters in the rooms, but the bed is warm!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
München
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

This place is a really good place to stay! The owners are a nice couple and especially Edgar tries to help whenever he can. The rooms really have character and are decorated really thoughfully. Breakfast is great with fresh juice, bread and cereal. We also enjoyed Consuelas cooking one evening and this is highly recommended to any visitor. Only one slight downside: The roof is very thin and in the (early) morning you get woken up by a lot of noise which turned out to be pidgeons jumping around up there. But nevertheless, the best place we stayed in Peru!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Brentwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Visiting Puno alone, I didnt want to stay in hotel as you are just a room number and there is no personal touch. I picked Casa Panqarani because of the Trip Advisor reviews and I am very glad I did.

Edgar and Consuela are fantastic hosts, Edgar is keen to tell you that this is not a hotel, it is their home but for me that is part of the charm. Whilst Consuela doesn't speak English, Edgar's English is very good and he simply cannot do enough for you, he booked all of my day trips for me and provided a map of the city, highlighting some of the things to see. Anyone passing through Puno will be here for the Lake which is a fantastic day out (particularly the beautiful island of Taquile) but I would also recommend visiting Sillustani which is a pre-Incan burial site not too far from the city. Also, if you are arriving by plane into Juliaca, ask Edgar to book transport. The journey from the airport to Puno is around an hour but it cost the equivalent of £20GBP which I was very happy with.

If you are staying here I highly recommend having a meal with them, as Consuela is a great cook. I ate with them two nights and was very happy with my meal which was also reasonably priced. I even mentioned in conversation that I had enjoyed alpaca and the next night Consuela produced an alpaca dish for me!

The rooms are fairly simple and comfortable with thick blankets should you feel the cold. The bathroom did have an unpleasant smell to it which I think was from the drains, but I just kept the door closed and it didn't bother me too much.

Overall I would highly recommend staying here. The highlight of your stay will be Edgar and Consuela who make this place special. If you were just judging the room you would give it perhaps 2 or 3 stars, but the hosts are wonderful and make this a 5 star place to stay. Don't stay in that hotel you were looking at, do something different and stay at Casa Panqarani, you wont regret it!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Lancashir UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed here for three nights in June. The Casa is well positioned and a short stroll from the center. We left all our plans to Edgar and was not disappointed. We spent a day exploring Puno and relaxing, a full day on the lake and 1/2 day tour to Sillustani this saved a lot of time and hassle. The room was nice and clean yes it is cold at night however we never got cold once in the comfy bed with plenty of blankets. The garden and outside space are visually inspiring and very relaxing. We had a good choice of breakfast each morning which was very nice. Edgar and his wife Consuela were very friendly, knowledgeable and kind. We were introduced to family at breakfast which was great as I was missing my family. This experience I will never forget. Thank you Edgar (who's English is good much better than my Spanish.)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Our stay at this Guest house was fantastic. First the place was really nice and so quiet in comparison to the chaotic city of Puno. Some flowers all around. Second, the rooms were nicely decorated and clean, the breakfast was really great, we even had the possibility to try some local specialities...it was nice to have something else than always toasts with strawberry jam !
Third, our host gave a warm welcome, a loads of information about how to travel around.
It's a bit pricey but it's definitively worth it !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Zagreb, Croatia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

We feel very happy and lucky to be able to stay in Casa Panqarani. Edgar and Consuela were great and very kind hosts, taking care of everything one could imagine. Rooms are spacious, very beautiful and clean, the whole place is like an ethno museum made with lot of care, love and taste for delicate things. Consuela cooks fantastic dishes and here we ate our best meals. When you are in touristic areas sometimes is so difficult to find real local menus, so hear we ate real peruvian food. My husband and me are vegetarians and that was not a problem at all, everything that was prepared was just so delicious. Breakfast offered a great choice of nice food, fresh fruit, freshly squeezed juice etc. This was certainly the best place we stayed in Peru.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends