Casa Panqarani
$62
$60
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsb bflower filled courtyardhome cooked dinnerfamily homelake titicacacozy place to stayside tripsrooms are nicely decoratedwarm hospitalityhospitable hostsbreakfast each morninglonely planethot waterquinoaonly stayed one nightplenty of blanketsspent nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Having travelled all over the world and stayed at numerous hotels and B&Bs, we can honestly say that this place packs warmth and individuality rarely found elsewhere. Edgar and Consuela (the owners) live here too, and the place feels more like their home that a hotel - every room and every piece of furniture was individual, there were birds singing in the lush garden, and having Consuela´s home-cooked dinner and breakfasts in their kitchen made it so different from the ´pastel copybook´rooms of hotel chains. Edgar insisted we just made ourselves comfortable and relaxed, whilst he carries all our bags upstairs and organised trips to Lake Titicaca for us. Thank you Edgar & Consuela!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed three nights at Casa Panqarani and really enjoyed my stay. Edgar and Consuela were so helpful! From the very first moment when I contacted Edgar via email asking about room availability to the last transfer from his home to Juliaca airport Edgar was available for help at any moment. Entire stay I had a feeling that I am visiting my friends in Peru. Edgar has scheduled all my tours. Even more, I didn't give him money for anything until my final checkout from the Casa. Once, when I was on a full day Lake Titicaca Tour, I paid 20 soles ($7) for lunch. Next day a tour guide brought 20 soles to Edgar apologizing for the charge and asked to return money to me b/c Edgar booked for me a tour with included lunch. I am not sure if the tour guide would be searching for me to return money if I booked a tour myself. Not biggy, but shows the respect. Wi-Fi in the Casa Panqarani was excellent! When I ran out of money on my Skype account Edgar let me use his computer and helped with the Spanish. One day he even walked with me to downtown barber shop to make sure that a barber understands what I want. Incredible experience! Just incredible! The meals Consuela cooked for me were the best I've tried on this trip (Peru and Chile). At least try one of her dinners. Ah-h, I have just remembered Consuella's pancakes! Delicious!

Note, there are no A/C, no heater, no TV in the rooms. But, if you are there to relax, you don't need a TV. A bed was very comfortable. The blankets were soft and warm. Rooms and towels were always clean.

Regarding "bad eggy drawing smell" others complain here. There is a little sewage hole in the tile floor to drain water in case you float the bathroom. The smell comes from it. I've covered it with a small towel and had no problem with the smell. Also the windows can be opened for ventilation.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank 69w
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

A nice oasis in puno, they have a lovely garden and a relaxing terace. The host and hostess are simply lovely. So helpfull and friendly, it feels like staying at your own family. We had several meals at the homestay, all lovely! Thanks so much for your hospitality!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed here with a friend and we had a good experience. Edgar was very friendly, helpful with booking trips for us, recommending restaurants and arranging taxis. Breakfast was quite good and at any time we wanted, really. They let me leave my bag there for the day after I had checked out before I got a bus onwards.

My only complaint would be, like a couple of other reviews on here, that there was often a bad eggy drawing smell in the bathroom, we think coming from the toilet. There was no fan or opening window in the bathroom to let the smell out so it did pervade our bedroom sometimes somewhat. This aside, we had a lovely stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We staid there for only one night and left early in the morning.
Edgar gave us a beautiful room and woke up in the morning to serve us breakfast.
We had a very peaceful night and highly recommend to stay there.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple