“Excellent host and quiet location”
Review of Casa Panqarani

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Puno
Casa Panqarani
Ranked #1 of 70 Puno B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

Our room had a nice double bed and the room had hot water. However the room did get a bit cold at night a definitely needed a heater. The b&b is about a 5-10 minute walk to the main square but this means it is quiet. However, the best thing about the hotel is the owner Edgar who can't be helpful enough. He booked our onward coach ticket, our lake tour and allowed us to take breakfast at 6.15 both days. A great host throughout.

• Stayed: July 2012
There are newer reviews for Casa Panqarani

Reviewed July 5, 2012

We travelled as a family and took 2 rooms. They were quaint and warm with bedding so thick you were enveloped by it.
Edgar and Consuelo were wonderful hosts (and an honourable mention must go to Matilda the boxer dog-lovely!)
Edgar arranged a person tour of the islands for us. Highly recommend this approach as it gives so much flexibility rather than being dragged along with a group.
Consuelo prepared a lovely breakfast each morning and they were the best free range eggs we'd had in South America.
What I would say is "set your expectations properly". This is NOT a hotel (even though the service was better). It is somebody's house with guest rooms...I guess what that means is that you should not go in "expecting or demanding" things like you might in a hotel (if you are that way inclined). I recommend that you accept the gracious assistance as a bonus and not an expectation. When you do that, you will be overwhelmed by their generosity.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sheriff1969
Reviewed June 24, 2012

From the moment of my first email encounter with Edgar, the host, until my departure in the taxi he arranged, Edgar went out of his way to be most helpful. He arranged everything, from my private tour to the Uros islands, my side trips to various archeological sites. Everything was done expertly, efficiently and always with the comment "it's no problem". I loved walking into the small beautifully landscaped courtyard, the rooms were a good size and very clean. The locación is safe and about a ten minute walk from the square. Consuela, his wife, the gracious hostess and wonderful cook, she went out of her way to prepare delicious lunches and dinners for me. Their kindness and hospitality and helpfulness is firmly etched into my memories. Muchas, muchas gracias!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank antevarum
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We only stayed one night in Puno on our way to Cusco. Casa Panq'arani was a real haven, with a beautiful courtyard. Edgar and Consuela were lovely hosts and were patient with us for our lack of Spanish. Consuela cooked a beautiful meal, and Edgar was a great host. He was very proud of his bed and breakfast, and we would highly recommend this as a place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Neville R
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Casa Panq’arani – “a place with flowers”, is a cozy B&B with beautiful flower garden, comfortable beds, delicious food, cheerful birds, a nice dog… But what make this place really special are the wonderful owners – Edgar and Consuela!

My first impression to Edgar: he is not a businessman, but a professor or teacher. I learnt later that he did work at the university in Puno before retired. He is so gentle and caring; he took care of all details and made sure our stay was pleasant. He arranged all the transportation for us, including a wonderful private lake tour. We only had 2 nights in Puno. Originally I booked both nights with him. But later we decide to spend a night at on the lake, and he didn’t mind at all. He picked up us at the bus station to take us to the place we stayed the first night. Then the next morning, he went with the boat to pick up us to the lake tour. At the time we were about to leave for the airport, he went onto the street to wait for the car that he called for us. We felt like that he is a nice uncle from the family, who really cares!

Consuela is very nice lady and a wonderful chef! We were amazed by the dinner she made for us: alpaca steak, trout and chicken, very delicious! The breakfast was very nice too. They both seem love what they are doing. We really enjoyed our conversation with them, and viewing pictures they took on the lake. The whole house was beautifully decorated by their daughter, an interior designer, very colorful!

We wish that we could have more time to stay at Casa Panq’arani. Well, we will definitely stay there again if we ever have a chance to go back to Puno. Edgar, don’t forget that you promised to teach me Spanish!

If you are looking for a charming place that makes you feel like home, this is it. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lily_NewYork_66
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I just spent two nights at Casa Panqarani with my friend in May 2012. I would recommend this as the best, and perhaps the only, affordable, warm, and comfortable b&b-esque place in Puno. Our room was large and exceptionally clean. Edgar and Consuela set up our lake tours, cooked a delicious meal for us, woke up ungodly early to prepare us breakfast before our flight to Cuzco, and were attentive and thoughtful throughout our stay. What wonderful people who have chosen to share their idyllic home with travelers.
Basically.... if you go to Puno, you gotta stay here.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Liz6284
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I stayed in Casa Panqarani last year and I had a perfect stay. The room was perfect, hot water always, dinner and breakfast great. The house is beautufly decorated, full of color and details... and Edgar and Consuelo are the best hosts ever. They made us feel like home and helped us in every way they could. They booked the islands tour for us, even made the agency let us stay one more night in Taquile, which wasn't included, and on top of all they lend us two rain coats because we didn't have none for the trip!
Really Puno city isn't great at all appart from the lake, but staying in this hotel made it much much better.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple