All reviewsflower filled courtyardgreat hostswarm hospitalityfamily homelake titicacacozy place to stayside tripsrooms are nicely decoratedbreakfast each morninglonely planetquinoaonly stayed one nightplenty of blanketsspace heaterbreakfast was deliciousday tripspent nights
Reviewed January 27, 2012

The taxi heads down a busy commercial street, full of service and retail store fronts and a light industrial complex or two. While slowing to a halt, we begin to wonder if the taxi has headed to the correct location for the quaint little Inn we are expecting. We stop in front of a beautiful, massive wooden door in an otherwise nondescript cement wall. This is Casa Panqarani. We ring the bell and a minute or so later, Consuelo, one of the owners appears in the street to our right, introduces herself and lets us in.

Immediately, the outside evaporates and you are greeted by a stone entrance way leading to a beautiful interior garden with an attractive, two story wooden structure that contains the five or so rooms that are the Inn. Very beautiful, quiet and tranquil.

Our room for two had an entrance from the second floor porch. The room was comfortable with a couple of bedside tables, small etagere for clothes, a table and an interesting step down bathroom with shower.

Even though the owners, Edgar and Consuelo, live on the property, the rooms are seperate from their living quarters and very private.

Edgar and Consuelo are exceedingly gracious and accomodating. If you choose to share breakfast or dinner with them you won't be disappointed. They are engaging and interesting conversationalists. If you want to learn about Peru they will provide all the information you need. If you, however, want peace and quiet you will find that too. In other words, they are there to make you comfortable however you define it and they do.

As well as enjoyable conversation, you can expect excellent food. Consuelo cooks very tasteful, sensible, healthy meals. A highlight.

Another example of accommodating: We needed to leave at 6:00 am for a bus to Chivay and breakfast was ready by 5:00 am and since we were returning in three days they stored our bags for us.

Casa Panqarani is only a ten minute walk to the central plaza. Very convenient to most things you might want to see and do in Puno.

I really can't say enough positive about our experience. After one day you feel like you have made new friends.

If you are staying in Puno, don't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank William D
Reviewed January 7, 2012

We stayed in Casa Panqarini at New Year's Eve and had a wonderful time. Far away from home we were welcomed by the whole family to celebrate and eat with them. Immediately they gave us the feeling of being at home and after only a few hours we felt as if we had known the family forever. But not only the welcoming atmosphere of the family made this stay so special, but also the house. The rooms are beautifully furnished with many small details, that show that someone created this place with love. Bathrooms are spacious with a good shower, which is normally not that easy to find, and the rooms leave enough space to feel comfortable. Breakfast was served in the family´s kitchen, with a good choice of different local products. Upon arrival Edgar also checked and organized everything regarding our next bus trips and was very helpful with all the questions we had.
We would recommend Casa Panqarini highly to everyone who is looking for something special and not the usual anonymous hotel atmosphere. In Casa Panqarini they give you the feeling of visiting peruvian friends! It was an evening that we will hopefully never forget.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Luisa M
Reviewed December 20, 2011

As many other reviews says, this is the place to stay in Puno. Nothing fancy about the place, It's just home! The owner Edgar and Consuelo will make you feel at home and enjoy the privacy. The place is a home situation with beautiful courtyard garden teeming with local flowers. Edgar is very helpful and Consuelo prepares good food. Other reviews said it all...but remember, this is a B & B place and not a hotel. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: All 4 rooms are good
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 5, 2011

We really thank the so kind owners Consuela and Edgar for their welcome in their little paradise in Puno in Novembre 2011! We had only one night to enjoy this place and an amazing dinner and breakfast kindly and delicately cooked by Consuela! It was the more relaxing and beautifull place we discovered during our trek in Peru! Muchas gracias a Cunsuala y Edgar!
¡volveremos de nuevo! Prometida

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gilis M
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I have to admit I did not walk around Puno much, but from what I could see during my taxi ride, there's not much to see there (other than the Lake). However, this house so beautiful I decided to not even dine out. This was by far the best stay and I also had some of the best meals while in Perú. The beautiful old house was adapted by the owners as Bed and Breakfast. It is colorful and full of details. It has an interior garden that makes you want to stay there all day, just reading and relaxing.
The room was nice and warm and it had fresh flowers :) I stayed there for two nights and had dinner with them on both occasions. The food was awesome and the breakfast was very good, with cereal, yogurt, bread and cheese. Much more than other locations I stayed at.
I also got my laundry done for a very good value while I was out touring the Titicaca.
But the best of all were the hosts, Edgar and Consuela. Traveling by myself it felt like coming home. They shared their home with me. And their stories. Just a great stop during a busy travel to replenish and then keep going.
I would definitely stay there again and I fully recommend it!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo