$129
$25
$140
Titilaka(Puno)
$1,458
All reviewsflower filled courtyardgreat hostswarm hospitalityfamily homelake titicacacozy place to stayside tripsrooms are nicely decoratedbreakfast each morninglonely planetquinoaonly stayed one nightplenty of blanketsspace heaterbreakfast was deliciousday tripspent nights
Reviewed December 5, 2011

We really thank the so kind owners Consuela and Edgar for their welcome in their little paradise in Puno in Novembre 2011! We had only one night to enjoy this place and an amazing dinner and breakfast kindly and delicately cooked by Consuela! It was the more relaxing and beautifull place we discovered during our trek in Peru! Muchas gracias a Cunsuala y Edgar!
¡volveremos de nuevo! Prometida

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gilis M
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I have to admit I did not walk around Puno much, but from what I could see during my taxi ride, there's not much to see there (other than the Lake). However, this house so beautiful I decided to not even dine out. This was by far the best stay and I also had some of the best meals while in Perú. The beautiful old house was adapted by the owners as Bed and Breakfast. It is colorful and full of details. It has an interior garden that makes you want to stay there all day, just reading and relaxing.
The room was nice and warm and it had fresh flowers :) I stayed there for two nights and had dinner with them on both occasions. The food was awesome and the breakfast was very good, with cereal, yogurt, bread and cheese. Much more than other locations I stayed at.
I also got my laundry done for a very good value while I was out touring the Titicaca.
But the best of all were the hosts, Edgar and Consuela. Traveling by myself it felt like coming home. They shared their home with me. And their stories. Just a great stop during a busy travel to replenish and then keep going.
I would definitely stay there again and I fully recommend it!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank SugarTown7
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I chose to stay at this hotel because of the great ratings online. We waited quite awhile for someone to answer the door (there's no door bell, so you have to knock). We had two rooms, and one of them definitely smelled. Hot water was a huge problem and we had to wait 20 minutes or longer to get any, if we got any at all. There was plumbing issues with the shower drainage. Also the floors aren't even, so one of my beds was literally on a slant. Together, this made it an uncomfortable and a regrettable stay. Although I have to admit that the rooms are probably much quieter than any other hotel in the city. We had dinner at the hotel the first night and the food was very good... but we were disappointed that they did not eat with us. However, the breakfast is absolutely horrible... none of us wanted to eat it. It's just cold, stale bread and a bunch of unappealing cereal and dairy products. The major redeeming factor of the hotel is that the owner booked us a private trip to Uros Island (we paid this much to get here, we'll pay more for it to be private) and the trip was absolutely perfect. We were so happy by this service. The owner also booked for us a trip to the Juliaca airport and we were super late... the taxi driver did a great job getting us there in time to catch our flight. Overall, I would not recommend. I don't know what other people are thinking with their reviews...

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ilovetoeat86
CasaPanqarani, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Casa Panqarani, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2011

We know it is not possible to have happy every one, once more we can say that when our guests have a problem they inmediately have to let us know and we will do our best to solve it, but if someone feel uncomfortable in our home we can help them to find another place to stay, we are not able to do something about it if they stay for more that one night and say nothing. Since the first contact we always make clear that this is a regular family house and not a hotel, the owners share their breakfast with the guests and have no extra cost, Panqarani breakfast is more than a continental or american breakfast that offer most of the stablishments like this. We are not responsible that some people decide to stay in our house and expect a hotel service, the owners are sure they offer a good service because most of people who stay here have a nice experience. Thank you for your comments they are always an opportunity to learn and improve.

Reviewed October 28, 2011

We stayed at Casa Panq'arani for a couple of nights. We were so warmly welcomed by Edgar and Consuela. Their house is beautiful and a really nice place to relax. Consuela cooked us a wonderful dinner the night we arrived, and their breakfasts are really good. They couldn't do enough for you. Edgar was so helpful in booking our trip to the Uros islands and onward bus to Copacabana. Would definitely recommend staying with them in Puno.
Muchas gracias Edgar.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2011

In order to get to Lake Titicaca and the Isles, you will probaby have to base in Puno for a time. Casa Panqarani is like a lovely iittle private oasis in this otherwise scary and dreary city. Edgar has built five spacious rooms overlooking an old colonial courtyard filled with flowers. He greets you at tbe gate, and shepards you through every question or problem you may encounter with unending graciousness. His wife cooks amazing meals if you want to eat "at home" , and Edgar arranged an overnight trip to the Islands for us that was not only an amazing experience, but inexpensive too. You can TRUST this family to look out for your interests, and send you off on the bus with a yummy and sumptuous box luncb when you leave. GREAT comfortable king size beds, hot water, and quiet! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2011