“Excellent service!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 67 Hotels in Puno
San Francisco, California
“Excellent service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed at Mosoq Inn for 3 nights. Our room was large with hot water in the bathroom that never ran out. The staff was incredibly nice and accommodating. They booked our trips to Uros/Taquile and Sillustani with a convenient tour service that picked us up and dropped us off directly at the hotel. When there was a citywide blackout, they gave us candles for our room. The day we were leaving for Cusco, there was a strike and the hotel staff went out of their way to book us spots on a "collectivo" so we could make it to the airport. Due to the unpredictable road conditions, we had to leave at 4am to make a 9am flight and the staff woke up early to make us breakfast. I would definitley recommend this hotel to anybody who is planning to visit Puno and Lake Titicaca.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Decline
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

The hotel is modern and very clean, our room was very comfortable and quiet. The staff was very attentive, the gal at reception (Candida) was phenomenal. On our first morning there we didn't come down for breakfast because we were too tired and she called our room to let us know it would be ending soon. She actually sent some food up a half our later to my pregnant wife which I thought was above and beyond. We would stay her again for sure.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank heckrocket
Billings, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed at this lovely bed and breakfast for two nights on our trip to Lake Titicaca. They accommodated us in Puno for a night before and a night after our homestay on Amantani Island. The room with ensuite was large, clean, and comfortable and the breakfast was very good with a nice selection. The staff were exceptionally friendly and simply wonderful. Because we were checking out and then back in a day later, we offered to pay for our first night but they refused, saying, "why don't you just pay us for both nights when you leave Puno?" My husband inquired where he might find a grocery to get a cold beer and instead the doorman produced one for him from the kitchen! Our return bus tickets were supposed to be delivered to our hotel prior to our arrival and they weren't. The front desk staff quickly made phone calls for us and determined that the company was not going to deliver the tickets so they offered to go to the bus station the next day and pick them up for us!! I'd say that these wonderful folks went out of their way to insure that our visit was easy and enjoyable. I'd opt to stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MontanaIrish1
Solaize, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

A very well run family hotel who will do anything possible to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Joe, the receptionist, took really well care of my gf who was suffering from altitude sickness, by providing her with oxygen and bringing her coca tea to our room.

The day trip we booked through the hotel to the islands was the same price as any other in town. A last minute coach trip booking to Copacabana proved no problem for them at all. Breakfast was continental and basic with a few hot options. The rooms were clean with an electric heating in the room in case you need it.
I definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
new zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Fantastic hotel ,the staff was so helpfull and friendly.A specail thanks to the man on the door that was always there to help.I would highly recommand this hotel not for location or luxury but for the people who work there,fantastic,thank you very much

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

The service at the hotel was excellent the staff are really great, and very fluent in English. The hotel and rooms were clean, large and comfortable. It was one of the nicest sleeps I have had my whole trip and it was very quite. The breakfast was really good with a lot of choice. Definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank AliRitch
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

The service is about as friendly as you can get. Everyone always had a smile on their face, and they were more than willing to provide any sort of help. I had altitude sickness pretty bad the couple days I was in Puno, and the staff bent over backwards to help me. They offered me coca tea, provided oxygen when I needed it, and even gave me my own room to lie down in while I waited for my bus after I had checked out. They called cabs and were able to arrange everything. Not to mention that the rooms were very clean and the breakfast great (though I could barely eat it). I will definitely stay here again if I get back to Puno, and recommend you do the same.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends