“Lovely stay”

Ranked #19 of 66 Hotels in Puno
Perth, Australia
“Lovely stay”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The service at the hotel was excellent the staff are really great, and very fluent in English. The hotel and rooms were clean, large and comfortable. It was one of the nicest sleeps I have had my whole trip and it was very quite. The breakfast was really good with a lot of choice. Definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank AliRitch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed August 22, 2013

The service is about as friendly as you can get. Everyone always had a smile on their face, and they were more than willing to provide any sort of help. I had altitude sickness pretty bad the couple days I was in Puno, and the staff bent over backwards to help me. They offered me coca tea, provided oxygen when I needed it, and even gave me my own room to lie down in while I waited for my bus after I had checked out. They called cabs and were able to arrange everything. Not to mention that the rooms were very clean and the breakfast great (though I could barely eat it). I will definitely stay here again if I get back to Puno, and recommend you do the same.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The service here is just first class! They are so friendly and helpful - nothing is too much trouble. There is a complimentary pick-up service from the bus station, which was great, and there is this old guy who carries your bags up to your room and goes to great lengths to make sure you know how everything works, not just for a tip (in my opinion) but out of a genuine desire to welcome you to the hotel. The breakfast is good with fresh juice, ham, cheese, plenty of fresh fruit, eggs and rolls. I was really sick on the day we were supposed to check out and they let us stay in our room "for as long as we needed" after the regular check out time of 11am. The kindness of the staff was very much appreciated.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

The service is wonderful. The people are friendly and helpful. The free breakfast is delicious and more than just eggs and toast (which is more than most places offer). If I return to Puno I will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013
Herndon, VA
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Mosoq Inn is located a few minutes walk (or 5 short blocks) from Puno's main square and its pedestrian walkway. It's a somewhat old & worn building, and our room was drafty & noisy. BUT (and it's a huge but) the rate was just $55 night, and the bed was comfortable, the room was large, and there was satellite TV, free wireless and breakfast buffet. And with that price & those benefits, my wife and I were quite happy with our accommodations!

Most importantly, the staff was very helpful and friendly, and they arranged two tours which were excellent: one to Sillustani and the other to the Uros Islands. From what I could tell, the tour guides were independent contractors (and not affiliated with any of the town's established tour agencies) that work with Mosoq Inn as well as some of the other local hotels. Given that Puno didn't have too much to keep us occupied, I truly appreciated that the guides entertained and informed us for a half day at Sillustani and a full day on Lake Titicaca (to see the Uros Islands).

One final comment - the hotel's hot water runs out fast in the morning, so my wife and I showered in the evening (to avoid the possibility of having cold showers in the AM).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Katy, Texas
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I did not find Puno to be as bad as reviewers have listed. Found some good day trips from the city. Puno had nice selection of places to eat, with wide variety for size of town in SA. The staff of hotel went out of way when my son was stricken by altitude sickness, even as far to arrange phone consult with MD. Subtle differences in travelling in SA may not set well with many USA travelers. A month in Peru & Ecuador proved that people of our world are more alike than different!!
When in Puno stay at the Mosoq Inn-you wont regret it.

Room Tip: share what you want with staff, they are excellent at matching your needs with available rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The city of Puno was quite disappointing. However, the stay at Mosoq Inn was wonderful. They booked bus tickets for me without advance payment; coordinated with me on email all the way; had a pick up waiting for me at the bus stop and arranged for a boat trip at short notice - everything with a smile.
The room was basic and somewhat small, but the location is good and the staff & service wonderful. It's great value for money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo