“Yummy Soup and Ceviche!”
Review of Mojsa Restaurant

Mojsa Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 98 Restaurants in Puno
Cuisines: Italian, Peruvian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We had only one night in Puno, and this restaurant was on everyone's list and within walking distance of our hotel. We are so glad we did! We had a seat on the balcony, overlooking the main square and the lighted cathedral. We had just arrived via the Cusco-Puno Andean Explorer train, and saw many others from the train trip when we arrived, so I assume this is "the place." I had a sopa a la criolla that was amazing---when I saw the size of the bowl I groaned, because I had also ordered ceviche ("cebiche in Peru). I determined to eat just half so I'd have room for my fish. Not a chance. I ate every yummy spoonful. Then my fish came and I knew I couldn't finish that on top of the soup. Sadly (for my diet) this wasn't the case. I ate and enjoyed every bite. Look around as we were leaving to see what other diners were enjoying, and I have to say everything looked great. I was sorry we weren't able to stay a little longer so we could come back again.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

After eating at one terrible, and one mediocre restaurant in Puno, we decided to eat here since it was highly rated. We truly did get a delicious meal at a good price. We were seated on the second floor and they had a TV showing a concert with some relaxing music, which made a nice atmosphere. I ordered the traditional Peruvian dish of Aji de Gallina and I ate every bite. The service was a little lacking when we went, server not too friendly, orders and drinks took a while, but for good food (which seemed hard to come by in Puno) this place is good.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by our hotel and it was right in front of the main square. We ate there more than once and it was just great. The trucha ceviche was amazing, one of the best I had in Peru. The Alpaca meat with weat risotto was also very, very delicious. I wish I could have stayed more days in Puno just so I could try more dishes. The place itself and service have nothing special. It's about the food. And it is great!
ps - If you are a group of two, try to seat on the balcony with the great view of the square.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is probably the best restaurant in Puno, I tried a couple more not even worth mentioning. The food is great, good portions and great presentation. The place is a little small though, sometimes you need to queue for a little bit, but the result is worth the wait. I'd definitely recomend this place, try the peruvian dishes above all.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Centrally located within the Plaza De Aramas. Great ambience. Quick and polite service. Had balcony seating as well. Definitely try their Ceviche - my mouth is watering at just the thought of it.