“Clean room and quiet environment”
Review of Hotel Maria Angola

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hotel Maria Angola
Ranked #55 of 66 Hotels in Puno
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Clean room and quiet environment”
Reviewed June 1, 2011

The room was large, spacious with clean and comfortable huge beds. The staff were good and friendly. Their service was prompt and I loved it. The room had all the necessary amenities. The hotel was calm and quiet. The environment offered a peaceful sleep. I read a story book stuffed inside the covers until I fell asleep. The heater kept me warm. The bathroom was clean and had hot water supply in it. The food is good. You also get free access to the net. The location of this hotel is also good. I would opt for this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Livorno, Italy
Reviewed March 29, 2011

This Hotel was one of the best I have ever stayed at. All of their staff are really happy and helpful, The service provided was more of hotel standard with rooms cleaned, we had a gorgeous room (A KING BED)! heating, good TV channels , the bathroom was descent with plenty hot shower and the breakfast was fantastic. easy to go to the main street, they provide local advice, where to go and what we must to avoid, free fast internet THIS PLACE IS AWESOME all of it was for a reasonable price. the neighborhood is safe, Nothing was too much trouble!.

A big special thanks goes to Omar who made our stay the best eve ever had....

I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bertellifrancesco
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 31, 2010

We only had one short night here. The hotel nothing exciting but fine for the price - and the
staff were very nice and helpful. Even got up early so they could serve us breakfast
(which was a good one) before our early morning tour pickup. We arrived too tired the night before to go far for food (and the altitude made walking a trial) and made the mistake of taking
the hotel's recommendation for a local restaurant called the Siri. Otherwise very satisfied
with the hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
sidney
Reviewed March 19, 2010

It is a very nice hotel. Everything was clean, and very well organized. The staff is wonderful. Everybody in the hotel is friendly, particularly Omar. They are really committed to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. As soon as you arrive, they start taking care of you. One more thing, breakfast is really good and it is included! Great hotel!
Best Hotel EVER!!!! Perfect place for a honeymoon! Food was AMAZING! Top Shelf alcohol and my husband drank a bottle of wine everynight, we can't wait to go back!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank jonesgemma44
Florida
Reviewed March 4, 2010

I absolutely loved Maria Angola & would recommend it to anyone who likes a place with charm & a relaxed atmosphere (not a party place).It´s v clean, v well run, comfortable & has lots of character. Omar & his staff are fab & very helpful. The place is v secure, they provide local advice, free internet & there´s always hot water (great showers!) Loved it! Thank you for a great stay, hope i´ll be back 1 day :-)

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank 1Yuan
Stockholm
Reviewed February 20, 2010

I can not recommend this hotel. It began when the toilet was broken. I wanted it cooked and I was kind enough to wait until the next day. We also tested the computer and the internet at night and it was absolutely the worst and slowest we've had on our trips to världen.Hotellet was also nothing to brag about too expensive in relation to the class. We also had a power outage and then turned out that half of emergency lighting did not work. When we were paying last night refused to accept a dollar bill that had a jack on the edge. It was still more of a we would pay it was a half dollars they were fighting about and threatened to not serve breakfast the day after. We paid the half dollar in local currency. Do not be accommodated at the Hotel Maria Angola - Puno

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Puno hotels

Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed September 17, 2009

This hotel was worrying me before I went, as I was finding different reviews about it. However, at the end of my stay, I was recommending it to those asking for suggestions.

I found that the room quality equaled its price. We had comfortable beds, and a good sized room. The staff was friendly, although only one staff (the owner's grand daughter?) seemed to speak English (but she was there a lot, so it wasn't a problem).

Be careful for what you pay. For us, at 38 USD a night, booked through hostelbookers, a heater was NOT included. As it was very cold, we could rent one for 5 USD a night. Also always bring a photocopy of the prices agreed upon by Internet. They were going to charge me more, but I had printed and brought with me my price confirmation.

Cleanliness? It looked clean. However, when I went under the best because I dropped my camera battery, I found a pair un men underwear, a rolled up newpaper, and there was tons of written up promises to pay and other papers in the drawers... Therefore, not too sure about cleanliness.

One last thing, we took a cab from the bus station for 7 soles to get there. Very cheap!

It was quiet, and that was appreciated. Alone though, I might have been scared of walking up the hill in the unlit dark alley, but with the 2 of us (although women), it was OK.

They have free Internet (if you don't abuse it), which was really handy for us. They also have a good breakfast, with instant coffee.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends