“great base for lake Titicaca”
Review of Totorani Inn

Totorani Inn
Ranked #28 of 65 Hotels in Puno
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“great base for lake Titicaca”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stayed at the Inn for 3 nights. The rooms were clean and quiet. The owner was extremely helpful and attentive. He made sure we had hot water every morning. Breakfast was extremely generous. The owner really went above and beyond in making our stay comfortable and memorable. He arranged a day tour of the Uro and Taquile islands which were definitely one of the highlights of our Peru trip. He also made sure that we had a ride back to the airport in Juliaca. We can't say enough good things about the Totorani Inn.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank barbu_mcinnis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Vero Beach Florida
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We made our reservation about three months ahead and provided our wish list to Alberto, the proprietor. He arranged for us to be picked up at the airport for s/15 each, the room was small but clean, tv, internet, heater, all the basic needs are covered. But the best is Alberto, my wife was just getting a cold so he brought us tea and hot water, we had to rearrange our travel sites as she tired easily, Alberto scheduled our trip to Uros and Taquile, he took us to Sillustani on the way to the airport and he transferred us to Yavari without charge. He arranged a taxi to pick us up to visit Chucuito and return us to the Puno Plaza de Armas for s/50 where we also visited the cathedral, took in a music festival and a parade of the saints with a marching band. He was so helpful and speaks English fairly well, better than I speak Spanish. I needed a few soles for the day before I got to the bank, he lent them to me. I was underdressed, he lent me his coat. What a guy, what a friend!

Room Tip: The garden rooms are in the back away from the traffic. In Puno horns are honked at friends, to say...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed February 2, 2014

we have stayed in rotorani inn for two nights, we have booked a three people room but we got a large room on the ground floor.

good things: staff is nice and place is clean, every morning we served with a breakfast, with bread, eggs, drinks..

bad point: With the private bathroom, but unluckily we have no water from the bath during our second night..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

We got the room with a double bed and a single bed. The room was clean and there were no bad smells (first time in this trip)! The wireless was great (after I plugged the router back in out in the hallway) and the staff were really nice (provided a very prompt breakfast both days we stayed).
The location was ok, the walk to the town square wasn't bad at all but the traffic to and from the hotel was pretty bad during rush hour.
Overall, we were pleased with the Totorani Inn and would definitely stay again!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew G
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This hotel is very well located. It's about a 5 to 10 minute walk to the main square and the street where all the restaurants and shops are.
Alberto will do anything to help you out with whatever you need: Booking buses, tours, fixing you tea or pointing out where to go grab some food. The rooms are spacious and compfortable.
The shower is very good and the room has cable tv, heating, and is quite clean.
I think this hotel has a great value and I would recomend the room with a garden view, which is quiet and very big.
Un abrazo, Alberto.

Room Tip: Double room with garden view is very good and quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank celsocg87
Canada
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

The person who runs the place is very good at getting back to you b email and meeting you at the bus station. The room is very, very basic with broken cupboard doors, etc. but it was decently cleaned. The breakfast is standard but good. The hotel can help book your tours which is nice but when I tried to book the tourist bus to Cusco after a whole day they told me it was sold out and tried to book me on the competitors. I have a feeling they just wanted to make commisson because they kept pushing the other bus company. When I emailed directly the one I wanted, they still had space. I ended up just booking something when I arrived at the station. The hotel is off the square, 10 mins walk, but it was ok. Room is a bit noisy due to street but that's probably almost everywhere.

• Stayed July 2013
Westerlo, Belgium
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Alberto, the owner, picked me up when I arrived in Puno...he is a very kind man and helpfull. The hotel is looking outside as a normal building and inside it s very clean and painted in lovely colors...the breakfast is great...you can ask what you wanted...Alberto will see for it,...when I leave to Cusco,...I discovered that I have forgotten my Lonely Planet in the restaurant the evening before...I leave and Alberto get the book and send it after to Cusco with the bus of Tour Peru,...what a service...!!!!...Thanks Alberto,...I had a very good time during my stay in Puno...;)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo