“Large room with lots of hot water”
Review of Totorani Inn

Totorani Inn
Ranked #28 of 65 Hotels in Puno
“Large room with lots of hot water”
Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

We got the room with a double bed and a single bed. The room was clean and there were no bad smells (first time in this trip)! The wireless was great (after I plugged the router back in out in the hallway) and the staff were really nice (provided a very prompt breakfast both days we stayed).
The location was ok, the walk to the town square wasn't bad at all but the traffic to and from the hotel was pretty bad during rush hour.
Overall, we were pleased with the Totorani Inn and would definitely stay again!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This hotel is very well located. It's about a 5 to 10 minute walk to the main square and the street where all the restaurants and shops are.
Alberto will do anything to help you out with whatever you need: Booking buses, tours, fixing you tea or pointing out where to go grab some food. The rooms are spacious and compfortable.
The shower is very good and the room has cable tv, heating, and is quite clean.
I think this hotel has a great value and I would recomend the room with a garden view, which is quiet and very big.
Un abrazo, Alberto.

Room Tip: Double room with garden view is very good and quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank celsocg87
Canada
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

The person who runs the place is very good at getting back to you b email and meeting you at the bus station. The room is very, very basic with broken cupboard doors, etc. but it was decently cleaned. The breakfast is standard but good. The hotel can help book your tours which is nice but when I tried to book the tourist bus to Cusco after a whole day they told me it was sold out and tried to book me on the competitors. I have a feeling they just wanted to make commisson because they kept pushing the other bus company. When I emailed directly the one I wanted, they still had space. I ended up just booking something when I arrived at the station. The hotel is off the square, 10 mins walk, but it was ok. Room is a bit noisy due to street but that's probably almost everywhere.

• Stayed July 2013
Westerlo, Belgium
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Alberto, the owner, picked me up when I arrived in Puno...he is a very kind man and helpfull. The hotel is looking outside as a normal building and inside it s very clean and painted in lovely colors...the breakfast is great...you can ask what you wanted...Alberto will see for it,...when I leave to Cusco,...I discovered that I have forgotten my Lonely Planet in the restaurant the evening before...I leave and Alberto get the book and send it after to Cusco with the bus of Tour Peru,...what a service...!!!!...Thanks Alberto,...I had a very good time during my stay in Puno...;)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Reviewed June 14, 2013

About 7 minutes from the plaza of main tourist area. Clean! Good price. But the people who work there or owners are Great!!! Alberto took me around the area to see if I could find people from years ago. Helps if you speak some Spanish as they don't speak much English but use computer well to translate and communicate.

Room Tip: Nice to have owners living in the same space. Ask for heater for your room if you are cold and put...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed June 8, 2013

When we arrived from Arequipa we were picked up by Alberto, the owner. Just next to the bus, so we didn't have the struggle trough the group of taxi drivers in the arrivals-area.

The place is a little bit out of the city centre, but hardly a 5 minute walk. We never felt unsafe in the streets of Puno (ie around the hotel and centre).

The rooms are basic but very clean. The have heaters because it is cold in the evenings in these parts of Peru. The wifi is very fast and works very well.

The breakfast is basic but does what it is meant for. And you can get tea all day if you like.

The rooms are good, but the unique selling point of this hostel is the owner. He arranged our trip to the islands on the lake, picked us up, brought us away, got us our bus tickets, took care of our laundry, and gives good information with a easy map of the centre of Puno. He really cares about service. We even stayed there for a few hours when waiting on our transit to Cusco for free, with tea.

We would definitely return to this hotel if we get in Puno.

Room Tip: Take a room at the backside for less noise from the street
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Probably not the flashiest of hotels, which is perhaps why it calls itself an Inn, and possibly might be better classified as a backpackers haven rather than a comforts of home seeking traveller.
The rooms are on the smaller side, but adequate, although a chair for the small desk would have been a very useful addition. The en suite bathroom was as large as the room in which one slept, and was an absolutely amazing sight. Very plush and out of character with the accommodation, but then this is not a complaint either. I really loved the bathroom, I only wished as much effort might have been made to the room in which one slept. It wold also have been nice if more than just one towel were supplied.
Privacy is also a large factor at this hotel. Each room appeared to have windows that actually allowed people from within the hotel to look into other rooms, and the bathroom window was of clear glass, with no curtaining.
Alberto does appear to go out of his way to make ones stay as pleasant as possible, by also offering bus terminal transfers, and on-going travel bookings, as well as adjusting breakfast times to suit ones travel arrangements. However, being a good and attentive host, is not always going to satisfy the guests expectations of a quality room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo