“Go somewhere else”
Review of Ukuku's

Ukuku's
Ranked #84 of 96 Restaurants in Puno
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Puno has a handful of nice places to eat. Thus, forget Ukuku's. The dining hall is fine, but unfortunately, that's the best you can get from Ukuku's. The service is unkind (we had the impression they wanted us to leave as soon as possible), the drinkings (lemonade and apple juice were far below average) and the food is bad (my younger boy and me ordered quinoa soup and got basically the quinoa in the water it was boiled; my older boy ordered grilled trout and got barely 100g of a latex-texture fish). Definetely, a place to forget.

There are newer reviews for Ukuku's

Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We went there on a recommendation by our travel guide.
It was a real disappointment. 5 of 6 dishes went back to the kitchen unfinished. The food was bad, be it noodles, pizza or starters. Slow service.
It was the typical touristic trap.

Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Came in the late afternoon, and there were only 2 other people eating other than us. Took 15 minutes to get a beer and a coke. Vegetarian dish my wife ordered came with meat sauce. Poor service by a guy who didn't seem to care if we were there or not. Would skip this place. Plenty other options in Puno.
On a positive note, they were playing some sweet lounge music.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stopped at this place in our first night in Puno, we thought it could be nice because its upstairs and all other places were crowded. Well, the food wasn't tasty, but wasn't awful also. We had a steak, which was hard but we didn't have any food poisoning.
The place was empty when we arrived and we'd should consider that, but we didn't. It was very cold inside and the service was ok.
There are much better places to go in Puno, don't waste your money here.

1  Thank alalas
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is truly a terrible restaurant. Lonely Planet gave it a fairly positive review, but things have surely changed since the reviewer was there. The food was poor. The soup had to have been out of a can. The steak was hard to cut and tasteless, the vegetables equally tasteless as were the French fries. To top it off, after my meal my waiter apparently short-changed me, although after I complained, with a shrug of the shoulder he gave me the 10 soles he had shortchanged me.