“Pan integral and wonderful cakes”
Review of Ricos Pan

Ricos Pan
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Puno
Reviewed August 22, 2014

Exploring this bakery and cafe was one of our (many) happy moments in Peru. Wholegrain bread and rolls, wonderful cakes (not too sweet) and excellent coffee let us enjoy our stay at this cafe very much.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Our bus passed by this location so we knew sort of where it was.

It's a pretty big place, cafe with seats on one side and a take-out section in the other. You pay at the cashier telling them what you want. Take the receipt to the counter to actually get the goodies.

I got something called doña azucar (I think) and my friend got an apple-like danish. It wasn't half bad. The custard inside my doña azucar didn't really have a flavor. The dough was more cream puff than doughnut.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

My girlfriend is allergic to nuts. We asked the woman working here several times if the cookie we were buying had nuts, and she assured us repeatedly that it didn't. My Spanish isn't perfect, but I speak it well enough that we were very clear on this. She gave us the cookie, and halfway through eatingit , my girlfriend had a pretty nasty allergic reaction. She isn't sensitive to foods that have come into contact with nuts, so there were definitely some in the cookie. Avoid this place!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I liked the ham and cheese empanada and the cheese roll.
Lots of cakes to choose from. All cake slices were 5 soles.
Loved the lucuma cake, husband liked the banana chocolate mousse. The passionfruit cake was ok.

1  Thank Eats_n_travels
Reviewed May 15, 2013

What a gem in this place. You can do a take away or sit and enjoy the atmosphere! Wonder cakes to breads and great coffee. The women work hard here as it is very busy, everyone was just wonderful and very helpful as well. We did both, we sat and ate and also did take away. The decor was very colorful and just a fun place to be. Oh if I only had time to order a cake, they were beautiful! You must stop and have a bite, you will feel like a local!