“amazing dessert”

Ranked #4 of 94 Restaurants in Puno
Cuisines: Peruvian, International
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The best food in Puno, warm personal service and a specially charming space. Located right in the center of Puno, we offer the best of Peruvian, international and regional cuisine. La Casona is a welcoming space, with top notch service that will offer you a gastronomic experience you will not forget
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“amazing dessert”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

great atmosphere and overlooks the main pedestrian walkway, and if you're luckly you'll get one of those seats. My entree was amazing and was a trout with a crispy cereal/grain coating and served with passion fruit sauce.

The dessert was one of the most amazing desserts I've had in my life and I did not see it at any other restaurants on my trip (I looked at several others to see if they had the same thing). I had A PASSION FRUIT PIE. Even if you don't get your entree here, you must try this dessert.

I went back another day to just try another one of their desserts and got a kiwi sherbert/ice cream which was still good, but didn't compare to the passion fruit pie.

Prices were very reasonable. Entrees were around 25-30 soles ($10 USD) and desserts 7-14 soles ($5 USD)

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank Brian F

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent Pollo, (Chicken)”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We tried this restaurant a few times after it was recommended by the staff at our hotel.

We've tried various dishes here and discovered that they make an excellent Pollo de Plancha, or Grilled Checken. It is only 25 Soles and comes with a stack of fries and a very nice salad. I originally ordered it with pasta, but the pasta was a little too buttery for my liking and so I discovered it also came with the fries and salad. A very juicy chicken breast and the perfect meal for such a high altitude, as it's not heavy.

The house wine, by the glass was quite nice....although I've found most wines in Peru ( from other SA countries) are great.

The service was quite good, with some fresh bread and salty corn to start....as you are seated. While the restaurant can serve large tour groups, they don't miss a beat in terms of service. Last night there was a table of about 40, in addition to other large groups coming and going.

The full dining room is in the back of the restaurant with more casual table up front by the 2nd Floor window.

This restaurant is easy to find on Lima Strret (walking street) upstairs about half way. There's a large sign anging over the street to guide you there and a doorman to show you up.

They have great quality for the money here and very consistent dishes....and definitely recommended.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank SurfcrestYVR
uk
“Great food in Puno”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We were taken here by our tour guide during a night off. The food, service and atmosphere was very good indeed. Highly recommended .

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank shuttersstudio
Paris, France
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exactly what we needed!!!'”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were not sure of this restaurant, however after quickly being sat down we knew it was the right choice. The waiter was kind and quick. The atmosphere was easy going and the food was the best simple meal we had our entire trip. It felt like home cooked, the grilled chicken was delicious, the chocolate cheese quinoa was amazing and a new taste for us and the soups were exactly what we needed to keep warm. Peruvian wines are very nice which was a discovery. I would highly recommend this for a good nice dinner dinner out, no frills but also not a typical tourist trap. I would suggest asking to be seated either close to the fireplace or next to the window that faces the street.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank AICVM
American in Perú
“Not terrific, but not terrible”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We ended up eating here at a random hour on a Sunday afternoon. We were thankful they were open. The restaurant itself has a nice environment and an interesting street view if you get a table on that side. We ordered the "menu turistico" and each chose a "trucha" dish. For S/.20 I suppose we were expecting a bit more food. The food itself was decent, but there was just not enough. Like I said in the title of this review, it wasn't terrific nor terrible.

Visited June 2013