“Small room”
Review of Munay Tambo Hotel

Munay Tambo Hotel
Ranked #13 of 111 Specialty Lodging in Puno
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stay there twice . The room are small.and yes it is just somewhere to sleep . The shower took a while before it got hot. Breakfast is ok how ever the coffee is crap . The staff are good .you are in the heart of the town . So u can walk to where you like to go.we

Room Tip: The room at the back are nice and quiet. However when they getting breakfast ready in the morning yo...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed Aug 2013, Staff were friendly, breakfast was included.
I wanted to like this hotel but if falls short on basic comforts like a warm shower, room heating.
Stayed twice during a visit to the Puno area. Both times the showers were freezing and water pressure changes. Rooms were cold.

Would try somewhere else next visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Thank you so much for a wonderful staf. The room was great and you were helpful with our tours and transportation which was very much appreciated. We had a comfortable stay here in Puno, thanks to you service.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2013

we had an excellent stay at Hotel Munay Tambo. The staff are very helpfull, the rooms are modern, homely and clean, and the showers actually have hot water. I would definitely recommend to all travellers and other groups to stay here..

Room Tip: the beds are very comfortable
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Drab, needs updating, cold, damp and mouldy. Bathroom grotty and shower flooded. We actually refused to stay here again as we were booked in here with Intrepid Classic Peru Trip- We felt so bad after flying directly to Juliaca, we needed a bit of warmth, comfort and cleanliness, so booked in to a lovely Hotel around the corner!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed here not long ago for two nights with my mother and then one night on my own after she left to travel home. During the first day on my own I left the hotel (which I seemed to be the only one staying at) and walked around Puno for two hours. When I returned back, the hotel was locked up and I needed to use the bell. The man arrived at the front door with my room key in hand, I took this from him and when entering my room noticed my camera had been moved, I turned it on to quickly realize that someone had been looking through my personal photos. This lead me to check my money and find that $80 US had been taken. When I confronted him on this he claimed a woman had cleaned the room (not so as I had changed rooms that morning) and would check to see if she had taken it, two minutes later I received a phone call from him and a confession, though only $40 was returned to me. It disappoints me to have to write this review but i feel it's necessary to warn fellow travelers, obviously I will now be using the safety deposit boxes.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Natalie-Sutton
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights, before and after our home-stay on the Titicaca Islands. We had previously read some reviews after our booking and were therefore a bit sceptical. However our apprehension proved wrong as we had a wonderful time here. The hotel is located right in the city centre off the main street. The staff is super-helpful and friendly, rooms and bathrooms are clean (with a heater in case too cold). The breakfast is nice, everything works fine. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple