“Class and comfort in Puno”

Hotel Jose Antonio Puno
Ranked #8 of 64 Hotels in Puno
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Fantastic views across Lake Titicaca, especially in the early morning light watching the fishermen. Very spacious foyer, dining room, and guest rooms. Good internet access.

Room Tip: Lakeside room
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hotel Jose Antonio Puno

Reviewed October 12, 2011

We travel a lot and I have never been treated like this. The hotel lost power for two days. They refused to help, left us in the dark at night, we had no hot water, and the staff refused to help out. At one point there were people trapped in elevator and they refused to call emergency services. Too bad, because it has the potential to be a nice place, but it is mismanaged. Never stay here.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Compared to some other hotels I went to in Peru, I enjoyed this hotel as the facilities are modern and nice and I have free wifi as well as lake view. They also have free coca tea as well as welcome drink. I got a taxi that the hotel arranged for me and it was only $12 sol to go to city centre and it took 15 min. I arranged for the taxi driver to take me back at a specific time after dinner, and I guess was lucky that the driver turned up on time and I had a lovely stay in Puno. I don't speak much spanish but I managed.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank kimc_10
Reviewed June 22, 2011

We were booked here without our knowledge. We thought were staying in Puno near the main square. It is a 30 minute ride on a dirt road. The hotel is modern and like any "big box" hotel, meaning it could be any city in the world. The room was clean and we had a view of the lake. You are isolated. It is a 30 minute taxi ride to any other restaurants. We never stay at this type of hotel and asked to be changed to a small hotel in Puno like our itinerary stated.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sandie-NY
Reviewed October 5, 2010

The view is great but you have to take a taxi to get to the town which costs twice as much going into town (when the hotel calls then for you) as coming back. Everything was clean and the staff tried to be helpful but just didn't quite have training and expertise we had gotten used to at other Peru hotels. It was hard to believe the hotel was only 3 years old - it just looked more used. The breakfast buffet was good and the dinner in the restaurant was pretty good. Of course you have to eat there unless you want to take a taxi into town . Our first taxi driver driver didn't have a clue about where the hotel is - so be sure and bring your map of the area. I'd look for a place in Puno proper unless they get a bus that stops by several times a day. .

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2009

My wife and I stayed this hotel on Dec, 2008. The room was new and the view of Titikaka lake also was fantastic. I could use internet with free.
But we had some problems.
1) There are no restraunt near this hotel. If we go to the center of the city, we need taxi. There is restraunt i this hotel, but we will have limited choice.
2) There were a few guest. It was good because it was very quiet, but there was no buffet at the breakfast. We should order one by one.
3) We asked stamp at the reception, but they had no stamps. The staff asked us to send our postcards instead of us. It was very good service. We paid stamp fee plus some charges. Two month has passed, but all our friends have not received them yet. ( Is it strange? ) I send some E-mails to this hotel, but there are no responses. ( Do I have to doubt them?)

Anyway, I recommends this hotel to the persons who enjoy new room with good view. Otherwise it is better to choose other hotel.

Thank you for your readings. Enjoy your trip!

Best Regards,

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Giant-Grizzly
Reviewed August 26, 2008

This hotel is new and is located in the outskirts of Puno, overlooking the Titikaka Lake.

Rooms are spacious, with telephone, TV and minibar. Most of them have great views to the lake, which appears amazing, particularly at night.

The restaurant offers a buffet (expensive for what you can eat) but we tried the 'a la carta menu' and were very happy with our choice (local fish recommended).

• Stayed: August 2008