“Unlike anything else”

Jungle Nature Hikes
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife and I spent three days on Sandoval Lake Lodge. I think you probably won't see as much wildlife if you just come for the day, you'll still have an unforgettable experience! Just like most trips, your enjoyment will depend heavily on the quality of your guide. Assuming you have a good one (like we did), you'll see many things that you've only seen pictures of on TV.

The amount of wildlife and the incredible variety within the jungle astounded me. You really feel like you're in some sort of documentaryWe saw otters, caimans, leaf-cutter ants, walking palms, macaws, spider monkeys, Brazil nut tree, termites, lizards, agutis...need I go on? I seriously doubt I can every enjoy a zoo again. Being on Sandoval Lake was so very cool!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

The wildlife was wonderful and our guide just knew everything about all the tress,birds,flowers etc and spotted so many different species

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Thanks To Escape to LatinAmerica Tours for arranging my visit to Peru.The Tambopata Rainforest Expedition (Rainforest Expeditions Co.) staying at Posada Amazonas was fantastic! Pure, raw jungle..one adventrue after another and surrounded by people that were passionate about their work. Johnny you were a great guide. Muchas gracias-Harry Potter Puerto Rico

Reviewed February 15, 2013

You see so many birds, animals & insects - many really close up - but in complete safety and even for a couple of old fatties like us it was easy - no hills, for example!

1  Thank pd7
Reviewed January 11, 2013

You must experience it. From the very first step you take of the boat...its a jungle!!! The cloud forest is one of the best places I have ever visited. Vibrant noises, colours...amazing.
Do start with the introductory walk, then do the nocturnal walk in the jungle. Wake up before 4 AM and go fishing in the swamp, then come back and right after breakfast go bird watching, try SURI (the worm from a nut - its delicious).Cross the river to the Monkey Island and see how many monkeys you will spot. Go early morning to the Sandoval Lake... And enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

2  Thank muffinandcoffee