See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 20, 2018 via mobile

I visit my family once a year- I wanted to do something special and originally booked 2 suite, so that the kids can play and the ladies enjoy the spa( which we pay separately) first they told us they can’t use the spa since they were not a guest to the hotel, even though I offer to pay, finally after management approval - they let them get the (pay spa).
I reserve dinner for 15 ppl. As my family members were arriving they refused to let them in cause - they were not a guest. I told the front desk that, once all my family member arrive we will decide if some of them will stay and we will get more room- but no!! We just needed to go up and change the baby diaper.
At this point we felt so unwelcome and disgusted that we didn’t wanted to stay or have dinner as they were treating us like hobos.
After discussing we had dinner and few of us stay.
And of course the ac didn’t work and finally moved us to another room after 3 hours of complaining.

Perhaps my expectations and I didn’t comprehend their policy to the full extend.

But, customer service is extremely poor and the hotel was completely empty and they could of sold more room that night if they would of been a bit nicer.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2018

This is a very comfortable, quiet hotel in an area away from the main part of Encarnacion. The staff were extremely helpful--really top-notch. When the handle came off my suitcase, someone came over and fixed it for free, only for what I tipped him. The pool didn't seem to be heated; was unusable anyway in the winter, although it wasn't that cold outside. Internet worked well. My main problem with the place was that there was only one electrical socket in the entire room in which one could plug in a charged for one's phone or laptop. You couldn't plug in the others because they were adjacent to light switches which prevented one from fully inserting the charger. The only workable electrical socket was in the bathroom. I find that pretty inexcusable in 2018. This place very much caters to children/families, so expect a lot of young ones running around the hotel.

Room tip: Most rooms pretty similar in terms of view and accessibility
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 10, 2017

We had an awesome couple of days here relaxing in the middle of a hectic trip. The room was very spacious, with comfortable bedsThere were nice amenities in the room. The pool and the grounds are beautiful. (The kids could be annoying but I can't blame the hotel for that!) There is a nice walking/bicycle path. But, make sure you reserve your bike early. You can use the steam room in the spa for free. The people I spoke to said that the spa services were well worth the prices. The breakfast was delicious- a big buffet with lots of options. We ate in the restaurant one night and the food was tasty. It was a little more expensive than what we would have paid for in town, but since there is nothing else around, it was worth it. The buffet had a lot of tasty options to choose from. It's a quick cab ride in to town.

Room tip: Ask for one away from the pool
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 31, 2017

We had lunch here 3 times, the buffet style lunch was excellent, so many choices, hot, cold, meat, cheeses, fish, vegetables, fruit, salads, breads. Waiting staff attentive but not pushy. There are even "tame" Rheas meandering between the sun loungers and sun bathers..... pool and pool area looked very neat and clean

Room tip: Ask for one with a balcony
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Teresita P, Director Comercial at Awa Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2017

Good afternoon Sterry
Thank you very much for the comment.
We look forward to returning you to the hotel.
Regards

Reviewed May 15, 2017 via mobile

This place feels a little like a country club crossed with a business hotel. The breakfast buffet is generous and the pool (unheated) is beautiful. Rooms are clean (no sound proofing) with large showers and cable tv.

The grounds are expansive - a big parking lot and a lot of room to run around outside. Children's area and big South American birds (ñandu' - rhea - cousin to the emu) made it a favorite stop for our young boys.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family

Cherish_Travel
Thank you very much for your comments.
It is very valuable for us that you and your family enjoy your stay-
Regards