“Jesuit ruins: A good half-day trip from Encarnacion”

La Santisima Trinidad de Parana
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Encarnacion
More attraction details
Owner description: A hilltop site of a Jesuit mission.
Reviewed December 16, 2011

You have the ruins to yourself, they're very interesting, On the flipside more historical background would be useful.

3  Thank hayleyredfrog
There are newer reviews for La Santisima Trinidad de Parana

Reviewed January 15, 2011

Encarnacion is a nice, quiet and beautiful city!, there are many things to do there, and is a different place to go, I have been living in Encarnacion for many years now and I love it, there is some good information about the city if you are planning on visiting in this page: http://www.encarnacion-paraguay.com/ there is also a nice list of things to do and places to go in that page.

3  Thank slim182
Reviewed March 16, 2010

If you are planning a trip to Paraguay, you don't want to miss this out. The Ruin of Jesuits Mission in Trinidad is a beautiful place, full of history and very peaceful. My boyfriend and I went there last January when is usually very hot in the city but here we enjoyed the nice breeze and spectacular view. I would recommend to go on a sunny day.

3  Thank Sandrapy
Reviewed December 9, 2009

It is very instructive!!, history revealed in present day is good to learn, I love this location, actually I live in Asuncion, Paraguay and when I can I go there with family and kids!
People is very nice, very quiet place

2  Thank KarinaAchi
Reviewed March 3, 2009

It is 30 minutes roughly from Encarnacion. We drove from Asuncion. These ruins are amazing... the green fields they lie in, and he fact that they are th least visited UNESCO site in the world. I went at 4:00pm and no one was there... And that for me was important.. like our own historic playground... absolutely amazing how much is there and what still stands...

10  Thank VagabondAussie