All reviews lovely hotel juice bread suite paraguay costanera
Selected filters
Reviewed December 8, 2018

Beautiful hotel with an excellent pool and attached restaurant for dinner (Italian). It is within a few minutes walk to Costanera as well should the weather permit you to go for a stroll in the evening. Would stay here again if given the opportunity.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

Of all the places I stayed during my travels in Paraguay (from hostels in Ciudad del Este to posh hotels in Asunción) this was not only the most expensive but definitely the worst of them all. It’s not a horrible hotel. It’s just not worth its price. To me, the term ‘boutique’ evokes charm and quaintness but most definitely not here. All the rooms are classified as ‘suites’ but don’t expect much. My first room was dark, on the ground floor facing a cement wall (despite requesting a high floor). So I upgraded for more natural light and, regrettably, paid more money. Street noise from cars zooming past was super loud due to poor quality windows. The indifferent staff weren’t much help with ongoing transportation or restaurant recommendations. On a positive note, the breakfast was quite good and there is a small pool. Also, the town of Encarnación itself is lovely.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 30, 2017

We stayed three nights at this hotel. The devil is in the details, as the saying goes, and this hotel could be better if they paid attention to the details.
We stayed at a so-called Executive Suite, "bedroom and sitting room with a view", which I thought was going to be of the river only it ended up being a view of a park by the river.. I had inquired on this when I made the reservation, but I guess I did not understand (my Spanish is fluent), or perhaps the words that were used to describe the view were not sufficiently explicit. The room had a strange layout. The entrance door opened directly on the bedroom, by one side of the bed. Since the entrance was on the landing, from the bed we could hear every guest going up and down the stairs at night. The bedroom was an interior room, very claustrophobic in feel. The sitting room in the front had the only window. The air conditioning units (two, one in the bedroom and one in the sitting room) had a bright ON indicator light in green that could not be switched off and made sleep difficult. Late the first night, we resorted to covering it with a piece of paper affixed with a couple of bandaids! There was a pungent smell in the sitting room, that seemed to emanate from the A/C unit ... humidity, I think. (I related all this to the Reception Desk when we checked out). The bed was comfortable, except in retrospect we think the mattress cover may have been plastic because it made us perspire. The soap for the shower (there was liquid hand soap in a wall container by the basin) was only one and tiny and was not replaced as we used it.
The breakfasts were very good. Service in general was friendly and helpful.
We were exceedingly surprised at being asked, upon checking in, to pay for the three nights of our booking in advance, although we had made the reservation with an international VISA card (this has never happened to us before). This, we were told, is the policy of the hotel. Another surprising occurrence: at checkout, we were asked whether all the hangers (the inexpensive plastic sort that dry cleaners provide) had been left in the room (!). Of course! We could not help but wonder about the class of guests the hotel hosts ....

Date of stay: August 2017
1  Thank 939giac
Reviewed December 23, 2016

I was so happy to stay here at Milord. It was done in a modern and lovely decor, and felt very welcoming. The free breakfast was delicious, and the dinner at night was wonderful. We were sitting out by the pool, very romantic. We had the steak with some type of delicious gravy and penne pasta with cheese. Best upscale mac and cheese type of food I .

We had 3 rooms in our party, 6, 11, 12. I liked 12 the most - and it was next to the parking space where the car was parked. All the rooms were great, though. Number 6 cost more because it was a suite with 2 doubles in one room that had a locking door, and the other was a twin in a more open space, but still private enough as long as the door to the other was closed.

I spoke often to Liliana who was always helping us with a smile and to the owner Tatiana, who made sure we were happy and felt at home.

I will definitely come here again when I return and I highly recommend this hotel.

Room tip: We had rooms 6, 11, 12 and I liked 12 the best but 11 also
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 28, 2016

We came here with my wife and in-laws and were blown away by the place.
New, but has a feel of a good tradition hotel.
The food here is second to non. AMAZING.
It is a boutique hotel, so if you want tradition then dont come here.

Date of stay: December 2015