See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 30, 2015

Stayed here as lonely planet said it was the best hotel in town. The rooms are nice enough, clean, with air con (although the unit was a little old and noisy), comfortable bed with a duvet and plenty of pillows. Bathroom was fine although the toilet flush was a bit dodgy and be warned the water is scalding hot!! Nice common areas and there's a pool but it was raining so we didn't venture out to use it. Breakfast had a pretty good selection and if you ask the staff they will make you toast or toasted sandwiches which is nice. The restaurant also has nice view of the beach and an outdoor balcony area, although it was closed when we were there due to the weather. Would stay again if we were back in Encarnacion.

Room tip: Rooms on the front face the beach and river and tend to have a balcony
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank LauraJevons
Reviewed September 28, 2014

My wife, three kids and I stayed here for two nights.

The hotel was recommended by a Paraguayan friend in the Hospitality sector, for its view of of the river and its value. It delivered. It seems to be the only hotel that is close to the River walkway.

When we arrived I started unloading the bags, and quickly got help from one of the staff, after searching for miscellaneous kid stuff in the car, I discovered all the bags were missing. They reappeared when we got to our third floor room.

The hotel is in older one, but it has been updated, and is very modern and clean. The rooms are smaller, and yes, as other people have noted, the bathrooms are also small. This wasn't a problem for us.

The included breakfast is excellent, both tasty and artfully presented. It was by far the best breakfast we had in Paraguay.

The hotel staff was excellent and great with the children. We had one incident where our six year old 'lost' his tablet computer. He was distraught. While we were ready to attribute it to a "learning experience", the hotel staff went to great lengths to find it. One of the staff, Walter, remembered seeing it in our car and despite a language barrier, conveyed that to us, helped search the car and we found it.

Only the morning/day person speaks English and he is quite proficient.

The only nit I had was the Hotel's WIFI. It required reentering the password whenever I reconnected, which meant constantly reauthenticating. This was annoying.

If you ever find yourself in this part of the world, I would highly recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2014
2  Thank Rob R
Reviewed August 29, 2014

We spent a rainy 24 hours in this hotel. This probably colours the review a bit! The hotel is close to the river and the beach. The beach was a bit desolate when we were there, but then most beaches tend to be a bit on the depressing side when it is raining. The pool is small and was a bit cold. My boys loved playing pool on the pool table.The hotel does not have an elevator. It does have very smart staff, who can spot a heavy suitcase a mile away and make themselves occupied elsewhere. Breakfast was good.

Date of stay: July 2014
1  Thank Job d
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Travelling from Argentina to Foz in Brazil we stayed 1 night in this hotel. The hotel at first glance looks very nice, especially compared with other hotels in Encarnacion. It has a pleasant atmosphere . There is also a fridge in the lobby, where you can buy reasonably prized bottles of water and soda. The rooms are comfortable, clean, but small. This is particularly true for the bathroom. Close to the hotel is the river beach, which is a nice place to hang out if the weather is nice. The small city center of Encarnacion is 5 blocks away. The city center is handy to get some groceries, change money, or get a bite to eat. It's a nice hotel, but not a resort, so entertainment has to be found outside.

Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Shower was broken so I made a complaint to the hotel, they sent the plumbers the day after and these guys used the hotel's towels to clean up the mess they made. My surprise came when at check out the hotel charged me for those towels!! Gs. 200.000 (about 43 USD) for two towels! I could not speak to the manager since he was not present there (it was last Saturday)
How easy for them charging me for not keeping their bathrooms in good condition!
I will never come back to this hotel and definitely wont recommend this hotel to anyone!

Date of stay: January 2014