“San Blas Sailing, a brilliant time with wonderful people”
Review of San Blas Islands

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Brooklyn, NY
32 helpful votes
“San Blas Sailing, a brilliant time with wonderful people”
Reviewed October 19, 2010

I had not planned this vacation very well, all i knew is that i wanted and needed to get away last month, a friend had talked to me years ago about Panama and the San Blas islands, it was time to go explore what it was all about. I found the company "San Blas Sailing" online, looked at their website and excellent reviews, emailed them inquiring about possibilities and options available, and our trip was organized and booked in no time.The team in their Panama City office responded right away, was so helpful and professional, I felt immediately at ease and confident that this was the company to travel with and trust with our wellbeing and our vacation.
Our San Blas sailing adventure aboard Jivago with Jean-Charles and Yuri is one of the best vacations we’ve ever had, it was an astonishing 3-weeks-escapade in a haven of peace, wonders and beauty!
Our brilliant crew couldn’t have been more thoughtful and attentive to our every need and desire, JC set up a dreamy itinerary for us in the San Blas, all the way to Cartagena and back. We got to experience the life on Jivago (a first time sailing experience for both of us), but we also got to spend time on many islands and meet some of JC’s lovely friends, Kuna and fellow sailors. To mention only a few of our daily activities, my favorites were probably snorkeling the gorgeous reef in different areas, eating the catch of the day deliciously prepared by our genius chef and captain JC, discovering the Kuna culture, swimming every morning in such a pristine, lush and amazing setting, sailing the open sea to Cartagena, kayaking to a Colombian village, dining under the stars with the most fun and warm hosts I’ve had the privilege to meet and their friends. The photos may speak better of how happy we are and how good it was, I can’t remember when was the last time I smiled so big and so much, for so long.
We are so thankful to the San Blas Sailing team for setting everything up for us in such a perfect way, and our beloved captain-now-friend Jean-Charles and his assistant Yuri for giving us the time of our lives in the San Blas. We learned a ton, enjoyed it all like there was no tomorrow, and shall return as soon as we can. I highly recommend this voyage and company to everyone, experienced or not, family, couple or single, there's something for everyone, it's amazing!

5 Thank Emma11222
atlanta ga
3 helpful votes
“Lost on Gilligans Island”
Reviewed June 2, 2010

Went to the ecoresort on San Blas Islands off the coast of Panama...called Uaguinega, Dolphin Lodge....worst experience of my life, right after childbirth...no chefs there, no fresh seafood, no sandy beaches, no shower head, no warm water to bathe, no drinkable water, no fun activities, no good food at all, expensive and beds were awful and to add injury to insult, we got bed bugs bites all over us from the horrid beds...dusty, no rugs, no electricity at night or day...about smothered throught the night of heat...we have traveled in W. Africa and found it superior...we nearly starved to death...only one day there and returned but had already pre-paid for 2 and no refunds...not any place to go if you are human. Avoid at all costs and we were not the only ones to complain about it...just awful!!!!! Joan

3 Thank juanasalsa
Bayville
16 helpful votes
“Island Paradise”
Reviewed May 15, 2009

While my tan is beginning to fade, the memories of my trip to Panana and Kuna Yala (San Blas) will stay with me forever. True, it's not the easiest or most convenient place to get to, but the effort is well worth it. We loved the simple hut on an exquisite island, 3 perfect meals a day, and the company of our Kuna hosts. No electricity? No running water? Who cares! There are a number of nice places to stay, but I know the best....

3 Thank fm11709
Boulder, Colorado
6 helpful votes
“”
Reviewed January 10, 2009

This Island is beautiful. Unspoiled paradise. The Kuna were nice, the food was good, (fresh fish) and the Island pristine. For $18 a night I think it's a great deal! Typical Huts with sand floors, no electricity or running water but they do have a barrel of fresh water for a shower. (Typical for the Islands). Would have liked to stay for much longer! No mosquitos or bugs which was very surprising.
Call franklin at 65405478 or 299-9058 for reservations.

1 Thank KiheiBubble
La Tijera, Mexico
30 helpful votes
“A Unique Paradise”
Reviewed December 10, 2007

We rented a charter through San Blas Sailing and could not have gotten more from it, San Blas is truly an extraordinary place to get away from it all, relax, enjoy life, and savor the beauty of deserted islands, corral reefs, and a lifestyle apart. The local Kuna Yala indians are proud and rightly so, they are protecting a very special part of the world and a culture that owes nothing to any other in the world. We motored/sailed for 4 days and anchored each night a a new and more beautiful island, played on the sand by day, snorkelled by afternoon, and enjoyed a fine meal of crab, lobster, or fish plus a glass of wine by night, it is hard to imagine a better or more relaxing vacation. Thanks to our excellent capitan, we got to see and enjoy a unique paradise at an incredibly reasonable rate and with nothing but positives to remember. Highly recommended.

6 Thank mexirish

Been to San Blas Islands? Share your experiences!