“Ahhhhhhh”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Blas Islands
Yandup Island Lodge
Reviewed September 4, 2013

What an incredible experience this was. My friend and I stayed two nights and completely fell in love with this beautiful dot in the Caribbean off the shores of Panama! The island itself is about the size of a football field, but beautiful and relaxing. There are five "huts" on the island and five "huts" over the ocean (which in my opinion is well worth the few extra dollars). I hesitate calling them huts, because they are very large, comfortable, and have a wonderful wraparound porch complete with hammocks. The food was amazing, each meal was the catch of the day and wonderfully prepared. We were taken by boat to a neighboring island for snorkeling which was very beautiful, great reef full of beautiful fish, coral, etc. Treasured experience!

Room Tip: Spend the extra cash and request a hut over the water - how often do you get the chance to see the o...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rascleberry

Reviewed August 19, 2013

If you are looking for a relaxing place to get away and also experience some of the indigenous Kuna Yala culture, this is the place to go. Its difficult to fully describe the experience but I will say that the service was always friendly and thoughtful, the setting was always laid back, and there was adequate structure and free time to really experience a vacation. Honestly, Blanco, one of the guides, was what really made our trip so spectacular. He was so helpful, thoughtful, and open. It was great getting to know his story and learning from him about the Kuna Yala culture and the San Blas area. I hope that someday I can go back here!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sebn09
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I traveled to Yandup on 7/1 and 7/2 and stayed in a room over the water. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.
Upon arrival, our bags were brought to our room and breakfast was just about ready in the main dining area overlooking the water. What a beautiful view!
Our room was spacious and had nets over the bed which were helpful at night. They provide one floor fan a ceiling fan is in every room. Two hammocks are out on the wrap around porch overlooking the water. So beautiful and peaceful. Took a nap here on day 1 after breakfast.
All food was homemade, healthy, and well prepared. If you don't eat a lot of seafood or meat, be sure to tell them as they will accommodate your request. The Kuna Indian women who took care of us those two days were excellent! Be sure to tip throughtout! These people work very hard!
The trips were very informative and cultural. If you enjoy scuba diving, you will LOVE the islands they take you to. People in our group saw so many interesting marine life and coral reefs, some of the best they have ever seen. If you are not into scuba diving, you can choose to stay at the lodge and enjoy some quiet time on the island or take a walk along the beach while the others are snorkeling. I met and spoke with a Kuna Indian family on Iguana Island who loved their very simple life there. My favorite trip was to the Kuna indian village to see how this KUna village lives in this 21st century. SImply amazing! You have to experience it for yourself.
San Blas was by far my favorite part of my trip to Panama. I also visited Panama City, El Valle, and Gamboa Rainforest. I would love to return in a few years. I highly recommend it. A must do!

Room Tip: If you don't like to hear the waves crashing at night, don't choose the room over the water...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Teacher06450
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We had such a wonderful time at Yandup. We stayed only two nights but I really wish we would have done a third. We lived the snorkeling, food and other excursions. We really hope to be able to go back some day!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Fromcarterlake
Reviewed July 13, 2013

My family (all adults) spent three nights here. Everything was extremely well run: the staff was friendly and attentive, the excursions were fun and interesting, the lodging was clean and comfortable, and the food was delicious. Twice we saw the fishermen bringing in the live crabs for our dinner, and they cut coconuts off the tree to drink from. The beach on Yandup Island was small, but clean and you could snorkel right off of it.

Room Tip: All cabins have a porch with chairs looking out over the water, but some cabins have hammock too. Al...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Travel_Teach82
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at the Yandup Island Lodge and had a fantastic experience! The staff is very attentive and welcoming. The style, as noted in other posts, is very rustic but exactly as we expected. The accommodations are comfortable and the natural surroundings quite beautiful. Blanco, Luis and Ulti - our wonderful Kuna tour guides - went out of their way to make our visit great! Our boys (8 and 10) were so busy snorkeling, canoeing, and exploring the mangroves that they never missed their electronics! We had thunderstorms two of our three nights and, thankfully, no rain during the day. Our first night we had a very strong storm move across the island with high winds and heavy rains. While a bit scary, we were impressed with the Kuna accommodations as all of our belongings stayed dry. However, this could be a challenging get-a-way spot if you are traveling with young children and it rains during the day. The food very nicely prepared and we found the portion-sizes to be just right. Compliments to Malvita, Mani, Ruby and Itzel who help prepare and serve the meals. Make sure to bring your own snacks and drinks for between meals and bug spray.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

We spent 3 nights here. It was an amazing experience one I will never forget! The whole setting was breathtaking! We stayed on a cabin over the water. The sound of waves at night right under me was fantastic. I read some bad reviews on the food. But they must of changed that because all our meals were great! And I'm a picky eater. Everyone who worked there really wanted to make you happy! The daily excursions were fun. The community trip was the best! It was very humbling. The private islands were beautiful. The only bad part was the trash that washed up everywhere. The lodge really tried to keep on top of it though. There was plenty to do but also plenty of down time. I brought a good book and spent a relaxing time on our private hammock. Make sure to bring bug spray. We also brought some snacks.

• Stayed: June 2013