“Best Meal on our Trip”
Review of La Casa de Lourdes

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Farallon
La Casa de Lourdes
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Farallon
Hamilton
“Best Meal on our Trip”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We went for lunch and was not disappointed. Finding Las Casa de Lourdes took a few tries but we finally found it, road it a bit rough getting there. The setting of the restaurant is beautiful - there's a hotel or Inn on the property. You can sit outside or in - outside you is lush and green looking onto a small pond or pool. Waiter was very attentive and spook good English. They bring out a small basket of warm homemade buns, which were delicious. I had the chicken which came in a sauce with rice and my partner had the sea bass, both were excellent but the sea bass was better. With drinks our bill was $50 including tip - a bit pricey but well worth it just for the scenery alone - the meal was the best we had all week in Panama.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Anton valley is a very beautiful and cooler location when you had enough sun for a while. We had lunch in Casa de Lourdes. After a very excellent mojito, we had shrimp salad which was excellent. Afterwards my dad and i had a sweetbread, which is not the easiest dish to prepare, most chefs or overcook it or it is too raw, this one was just perfect. The house itself is just wonderful, a real mansion, right from italy. We were 4 and we individually voted la casa de lourdes as the best restaurant we have visited in panama.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 294480Panama
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed September 30, 2008

The hotel is beautiful. It is a little off by itself and not close to too many other things to do. We did take a car two days to Penomone (which is wonderful to shop in), and Anton Valle (which is just beautiful). Here is a list of the good and the bad things.

Good: The whole resort is beautiful. The grounds are well taken care of. The pools are wonderful too. We spend LOTS of time in them. I have a 5 year old and a 13 year old and they both loved them too. There was plenty of shallow water for my young one to have fun in too. The maid service did well for us. They left flowers in our rooms about every other day. The restaraunt service was also good. There was plenty of shopping around the resort.

Neutral: The resaraunts-My parents loved the food there. My children and I didn't care for them so I'm leaving them at neutral. We also took a 4wheeler tour. They took us way back into the jungle to a small local village. The village didn't have electricity and children/people were walking around everywhere. I was a bit nervous there but we got a chance to see how some of the real local people lived. I think it was good for my kids. Just be warned what your getting into. It all worked out ok. The rooms itself were typical. Not good, not bad. The layout of the resort was ok but spread out a lot.

Bad: I reserved a small refrigerator (medical reasons) to be in our room. I had to call 5 times and wait 5 hours before getting it. The beach-it was very trashy in some areas but if you walked further down the sand was ok. The water was murky with ??? washing all over you when you went in. My father and son went on a fishing trip. The boat was supposed to be covered. It was a very small boat and not covered. They did not catch anything and had to swim back to shore because the boat couldn't/wouldn't go up far enough for them to wade to the beach. It was also very expensive.

There are much better all inclusive resorts in Mexico. I guess I'm a bit spoiled. We still had a good time and got to see Panama. We divided our time with Country Inn - Canal and Playa Blanca. Next time I will spend the whole time in the city.

• Liked — Beautiful grounds
  • Disliked — the beach
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank jhodnett
shanghai
Reviewed September 20, 2008

The food, service and ambiance is unparalleled - you will fell like being in the heart of Italy and being in your own Mansion / villa

• Liked — Great food service and environment - peaceful
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Newtown, Connecticut
Reviewed June 20, 2006

We just returned from a four day stay at the Casa De Lourdes in El Valle, Panama. I must say that this is a beautiful boutique hotel with a lot of potential. On the upside, the restaurant is excellent, rooms are very pretty and it is nice and quiet. El Valle is a wonderful town and although the hotel is almost two miles away, you can grab a cab or take a nice long walk. The hotel needs a lot of work. When we arrived it was raining. The rain was dripping through the windows and roof. The manager explained that the contractors had yet to come and finish the job. She walked us to our room and upon entering informed us that water will most likely come through the window when it rains, if it gets too bad call us and we will mop it up. The room service was not very good. She didn't take away the dirty cups or throw out the dead wilted flowers. Management only responded that they weren't open very long. The manager was not very gracious and knew little about what was offered in town or how to get around. Seems as though most people get a car. Many of the people who worked here did not speak english and some were actually annoyed with the fact that we knew limited Spanish.
The hotel has a lot of potential if they work on the all the kinks. Yes, they have only been open for eight months. However, if you are not ready to open...may be you should wait.

12 Thank 1teacher
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farallon
Sheraton Bijao Beach Resort
Hotel Riu Playa Blanca
Manglar Lodge
Manglar Lodge
#1 of 2 in San Carlos
Hotel Playa Blanca Beach Resort
Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort & Villas
JW Marriott Panama Golf & Beach Resort

Been to La Casa de Lourdes? Share your experiences!