2,223 results
All reviews the salt water pool sunwing rep large pool the bus activities pool chicken nuggets white sand anton valley seafood restaurant language barrier weather was great lots of fun lounge chairs the pacific ocean night shows nightly entertainment great vacation
Selected filters
Reviewed May 9, 2019 via mobile

The staff don’t speak any English except for a few of the bar tenders. The room was okay for the price and we seen one roach on the last night. The Buffett food was disgusting, the crows come right in and take food from the hot plates, everything is covered in flies. The restaurants that are to be included are hardly open we had to argue with staff because they said the better food is not included and it was. We do not have access to the lagoon we had access to the small section off to the side. There are plenty of sting rays and jelly fish at the beach. The main pool is pretty dirty. The staff lied and said we couldn’t have the sushi said we have to pay $25 until another couple said we’re being lied too. Once confronted they let us have access. The Sunwing staff tricked us into paying $15 for a taxi that was supposed to be $3.00. The first set of staff said we have to pay for the water so we spent $15 on water to find out that was a lie. The tours were great the male bar tenders were pretty awesome other then that I would not come back.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank SunwingHater2019
CUSTOMERSERVICE P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Playa Blanca All-Inclusive Beach Resort Panama, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your most recent experience with us at our hotel. First of all I would like to ask for an apology for the inconveniences that you mentioned with our amenities during your stay with us. Also, we regret not having reached the highest rating in our services.

I want you to know that part of our improvement process is to locate the opportunities areas we have and implement programs to resolve these situations as soon as possible. All the comments and suggestions you have made to us will be taken into account and detailed reports will be sent to the corresponding departments.

At PLAYA BLANCA HOTEL & RESORT, we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Our team thanks you and invites you to visit us again so that you can live one more time the experiences that only PLAYA BLANCA HOTEL & RESORT can offer.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed May 7, 2019

We arrived, my grand child for the trip together for our lives. After a complaint where we were placed we got a place, a suite, in this wonderful place! Great for eating, swimming, beautiful in all aspects. My grandchild- 12 is still talking about it. Excursions arranged for Panama Canal-a wonder- and shopping locally. A memory for life!

Date of stay: June 2018
1  Thank Ann M
CUSTOMERSERVICE P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Playa Blanca All-Inclusive Beach Resort Panama, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We are glad to know that all the services that our hotel offers filled your expectations and we thank you from the heart for having chosen us as your host hotel.

We hope this is one of many vacations that you spend by our side, enjoying the wonders that PLAYA BLANCA HOTEL & RESORT has to offer.

We hope to see you again very soon, remember that in Playa Blanca Resort you will always have a place full of people who will receive with open arms.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any additional assistance on your next trip to Panama.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 1, 2019 via mobile

We stayed there for one night with two children. We payed for the bigger room in the tower. The room was big, clean, with view to the lagoon. We got the entrance for this lagoon as well. There is two beach like areas that you can get into it. Most of its area is just for water fun.
The regular pools of the hotel was nice (not so clean to my point of view)...
The worst thing for us was the food. Not much to select from and very low level. Very far from western ones. This was very disappointing for us.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
CUSTOMERSERVICE P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Playa Blanca All-Inclusive Beach Resort Panama, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your most recent experience with us at our hotel. We regret not having reached the highest rating in our services, I can assure that these comments will be share with our team for an appropriate follow-up.
On behalf of PLAYA BLANCA HOTEL & RESORT, we hope we can have the opportunity to change your perception and improve this recent experience during your next trip to our destination.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for anny adittional help on your next tryp to Panama.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed April 19, 2019

We stayed here with our 2 young children for an all-inclusive week.
I feel like some of the bad reviews posted here are quite exaggerate and might come from closed minded people who do not feel comfortable addressing certain items with hotel staff who, yes it is true, are not always comfortable in English.
Upon arrival we were disappointed to see that the whole section for kids and families was undergoing extensive renovations (pools, play area, slides, all unusable). There were literally bulldozers working in that area the whole week. Having booked this place based on how family oriented it was, we were upset about it.
Our room in building 1 was easy to access by stairway or elevator. It was quite large (2 queen beds with plenty of room around), had a mini fridge with water, cola and beer replenished daily. The bathroom could have used a “deep” clean but it was fine with the type of mess traveling with 2 small children brings along. Our toilet had trouble flushing one day, but it was resolved within a couple of hours after I mentioned it to the people working at the front desk.

The buffet has plenty to offer for every taste. We only found the hours a bit “late” for us (dinner starts at 7pm).
The snack bar is what it is, burger, hotdogs, fries, nachos.
We only tried the sushi à la carte, but go good comments from other travellers regarding the other restaurants.

Since we travelled with Sunwing we had access to a section at the giant saltwater pool.
It was very nice there; it has a beachy feel and you have access to another a la carte restaurant where you can get the best food on the resort! Other perk there is waterslides and 1 free hours of non motorized water sports (peddle boat or kayak)

The whole resort is wheelchair accessible. We had no problem, bringing our wagon everywhere.
Overall the staff was friendly and attentive.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank Cmoija
Reviewed April 17, 2019 via mobile

Beautiful beach and nice location. It was safe and relaxing for me. The location of the hotel is convenient. It's located approximately 10 mins from the airport which is a big bonus. The check-in was very quick. The room was always clean and the towels were changed on the daily basis as well as the shampoo with lotion and fill up the bar. There were no issues with beach towels. I read the reviews before. None of them were true for me during this stay. The staff speaks English enough!! to serve you professionally and understand what you need. The official language is Spanish not English! If people are lazy to learn some simple words in official language of the country they are coming to, then they should use the translator on the phone or tablet. The hotel has WiFi. Today's technology is a big help. The food was tasty and fresh and the fruits are so juicy. The fruits here were even better than I tried on other places(for example Costa Rica). The beach is big and clean with dark sand. Different beauty. And lots of space even if there are lots of people at the hotel. Thank you very much Dina, Jose S. And Naikelly (I apologize if I did not write the names correctly) for the great service in the buffet restaurant. Very professional and attentive and always with the smile. Big Thank you to Sunwing Representative Jose for big amount of interesting facts and information and tour suggestions. You are very helpful and provide very useful information. For me it was pretty knowledgeable as it was my first time in Panama. Thank you Daniel in Nexus center for finding solutions. There is more variety of excursions at the hotel than on Sunwing website. It's better to speak with Jose at the hotel if you want to take any excursions as the variety is bigger. The salt water pool is very quiet place during the week (did not visit on weekend). It is nice to stay there and relax. The food is very tasty and huge portions. It's better to share. The service is very pleasant. In general The staff is very friendly and welcoming. Security is around at all time even on the beach. The entertainment is interesting and funny, the staff is keeping the guests entertained. I did not participate but I was watching from a side. As for single stay it is very nice and safe hotel for me. I'm glad that I got the opportunity to visit Playa Blanca. Hopefully, I can have my another vacation here in the future.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Yulia Y
CUSTOMERSERVICE P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Playa Blanca All-Inclusive Beach Resort Panama, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2019

Dear Mrs. Yulia,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the PLAYA BLANCA HOTEL & RESORT. We are happy to have been your hosts on your most recent visit to Panama.

We are very happy to know that the time you were with us, our team lived up to your expectations. On behalf of all of them, I want to thank you for appreciating their effort and dedication.

We hope that in the future you will give us the opportunity to have you back with us so you can enjoy the great wonders that only PLAYA BLANCA HOTEL & RESORT can offer.

Best regards,