We spent a couple of days at Playa Blanca resort with a group of about 40. I know places like this are never perfect because nothing that is all inclusive ever is, but we were extremely disappointed with Playa Blanca. They advertise that they have "the second largest pool in the world" however it was closed due to construction. They advertise free wifi, however that was not working the weekend we were there. All around the hotel and even on the property, buildings are being put up (they even block the sunset from the beach!). The top floor for the towncenter is still being worked on so to get to the rooms you have to go up one elevator, then down another 1 floor, and then up another.
I'm not sure who designed the place, but the bathroom in the room has no door at all, and the shower and toilet stalls have doors, but they are clear glass (very awkward). The beds are pretty stiff and almost feel like they are just box springs.
Service was ok. Frequently we would go to the bar in the lobby, but there was no bartender. I also left a package at reception for another room, and returned the next day to be sure it was picked up and they said yes, but it was not and is still there today.
There are only a couple of restaurants (sushi and thai) and you have to reserve by 10AM in the morning to get a table for that evening. This leaves you with the buffet which was ok, but nothing special. There are also lots of services and things on the property that are NOT included in all included. These include 2 other restaurants, an ice cream parlor and more.
The disco is totally dead and smells very strongly of cat urine. The beach "closes" at 6 because the life guards leave and there are supposedly creatures that come to shore at sunset.
This place may be great in a few years, but I would not recommend it to my worst enemy right now.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Playa Blanca Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Blanca Hotel Farallon
- Playa Blanca Hotel And Resort
- Hotel Playa Blanca Panama
- Playa Blanca Resort Panama
- Playa Blanca Panama City
- Blanca Panama Playa
- Hotel Playa Blanca Beach Resort Panama/Farallon