Stayed here for 7 days in March . It was our first time to Panama. Tired of Mexico and wanted something different. Yes it is a 2+ hr drive from the airport to the resort- which is bad and good - there are NO noisy planes over the resort when they come in for their landing. do not whine on reviews about the 2 hour ride - you have been warned over and over again.
Definitely upgrade to beachfront if possible - the room was level with the ocean, which was very convenient. otherwise you are walking up hills and stairs - do not whine on reviews about this - you have been warned over and over again.
the staff was friendly to us - I know this is all-inclusive but open your wallets people. this staff makes approx $2.20 per hour - tip your bartender once in a while and tip your waiter at the al a cartes (also your maid) . You would tip at home for these services. And for gosh sakes - pick up your plastic glasses from the beach! just my rant on how to treat people when you are a guest in their country.
the Club Med and Brazilian al a carte were nice - because there are right on the beach.
Go to Pipa's at the end of the beach for seafood - cheap and good.
I am not a high maintenance traveller and do not knit pick - what do you want for a $1000?! for 7 days. If you are that choosy - go to Sandals or Club Med.
the resort is huge and the only one on this beach - so it is not overly packed - which is nice.
WARNING - they seem to ship you back to the airport quite early - and the food in the airport is more overpriced than a movie theatre. $9 for a bag of potato chips. EEK!
Enjoy your week away from the Canadian winter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort & Villas Panama is an all inclusive hotel located about 2 kilometers of white sandy beach in Farallon, Panama. The hotel is located on the Pacific coast, close to many tourist attractions. Also, the city of Panama and the Tocumen International Airport (PTY) are located 120 miles away. The Royal Decameron in Panama hotel offers 852 guestrooms in low-rise buildings and 370 rooms Villas. Each room is equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV, closet, safe (local charge), direct dial telephone (with deposit cash at the reception) and a private bathroom with shower and hair dryer. Also have a minibar as part of the all inclusive plan and the villas are located on the golf course. Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort & Villas Panama offers eight pools for adults three wading pools, three hot tubs, a casino, a golf course with 18 holes and a full spa. This beach hotel also offers a variety of organized activities on land and water for the whole family, and two convention centers for business travelers. The Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort has 11 bars, a nightclub and 10 restaurants ranging from traditional to the more exotic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf Hotel Farallon
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf And Casino
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort Panama
- Royal Decameron Beach Hotel
- Royal Decameron Panama
- Hotel Royal Decameron Beach
- Royal Decameron Costa Blanca Hotel
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort Golf & Casino
- Royal Decameron Resort Panama
- Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort & Villas Panama/Farallon