My husband and I travelled here in april 2013. It was his first time at an all inclusive resort. He absolutely loved it and insists we go back very soon. The food was great, lots of selection. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful.
On checkin, they do not give your bags from the bus; instead you are provided with a beverage and the luggage are delivered to your door. We didn't like this much; especially when we noticed peoples luggage sitting outside their doors hours later. We had the understanding that the luggage would be delivered to our rooms and placed inside...they leave it at your door...so make sure if its an early arrival you have a swimsuit in your carry on :) Otherwise checkin went smoothly and quickly.
We had an issue with the AC leaking in our room and called the front desk, someone was at our room fixing it within half an hour and it was repaired and working fine within the hour. We had no other issues with the room. It was clean and met our expectations. We had a balcony but they have a rule that you are not allowed to dry your suit or towels on the balcony, so remember to bring a clothes line to hang up in your room somewhere.
The beach was great and the selection of pools was wonderful. We enjoyed the adult pool with the swim up bar most afternoons for a quiet place to hang out, however the main pool in the mornings was fun. Its where the music playing and all the entertainment and activites were. Evening entertainment wasn't the best; we attended for about 3 nights and then lost interest as each night was pretty much the same as the last. We did enjoy the giant chess board.
My husband doesn't drink alcohol, so the expresso bar was his favorite place to stop throughout the day; excellent service and according to him the drinks were great too.
We went on the 3hour ATV tour, that was a blast!! Also rented a seadoo from the beach and went around the island. On our last night we did the city and canal tour and stayed the last night at the Hard Rock Hotel in the city. Well, thats a whole other review in itself, it was amazing there!!
There is a little market down the street about 5 minutes where you can buy hand crafted items and a store to purchase drinks and snacks and such (tip--redbull is cheaper there than in the lobby store). We went to the market almost every day :)
The resort also offers wifi for a fee; its not exactly a deal but its reasonable compared to other places I have been.
Also, we were on the second floor, but we observed peacocks tapping their beaks on peoples patio door windows and cawing loudly in the mornings, so you might not want a ground floor room ;)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort & Villas Panama is an all inclusive hotel located about 2 kilometers of white sandy beach in Farallon, Panama. The hotel is located on the Pacific coast, close to many tourist attractions. Also, the city of Panama and the Tocumen International Airport (PTY) are located 120 miles away. The Royal Decameron in Panama hotel offers 852 guestrooms in low-rise buildings and 370 rooms Villas. Each room is equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV, closet, safe (local charge), direct dial telephone (with deposit cash at the reception) and a private bathroom with shower and hair dryer. Also have a minibar as part of the all inclusive plan and the villas are located on the golf course. Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort & Villas Panama offers eight pools for adults three wading pools, three hot tubs, a casino, a golf course with 18 holes and a full spa. This beach hotel also offers a variety of organized activities on land and water for the whole family, and two convention centers for business travelers. The Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort has 11 bars, a nightclub and 10 restaurants ranging from traditional to the more exotic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf Hotel Farallon
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf And Casino
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort Panama
- Royal Decameron Beach Hotel
- Royal Decameron Panama
- Hotel Royal Decameron Beach
- Royal Decameron Costa Blanca Hotel
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort Golf & Casino
- Royal Decameron Resort Panama
- Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort & Villas Panama/Farallon