“Decameron 2013”

Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort & Villas
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Farallon
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stayed 3 days/2nights with my 18 yr old son.
Room was clean and comfortable, older TV. AC worked well.
Rom was far away but there was transport service which worked most of the time.

Food was good quality buffet, great choices, clean, Fresh, not gourmet.
Drinks were fine for all inclusive, no fancy bar.
Gym was good, well kept and clean..

Facilities in general were clean and in good shape.

This is a massive resort, so there is no privacy, lots of people, some waits, but in general a good experience.

I feel I got value for what I paid. If you want fancy food, comfort, service, then go to a more exclusive hotel..

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Cobocon
Write a ReviewReviews (4,499)

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Fact is, this is a wonderful place to spend a week or two. Of course, if you are 'spoiled' and not willing to try new foods, try to speak a little Spanish, tip people a $1 or $2 and do a little exercise then indeed, this is definitely not the resort for you and quite frankly please do not come because negative people like that ruin it for everyone. This is our 4th time at this resort since 2007 and we hope to return soon. Yes there are stairs to climb and walking to do, so? Only seems to be a problem for unfit, obese North Americans that don't want to do anything but lie around and drink all day. The food is excellent however if you're looking for processed greasy fast food, again, this is not the place for you. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. Never have we experienced anything but superb hospitality and promptness with any concern no matter how minor. But once again, it's all about attitude...if you treat people with respect and dignity as opposed to thinking you can show up here and start barking orders and being demanding, impatient and rude, you may not get a very favourable response from people.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
19  Thank addy_c163
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

For being All Inclusive it is ok.
1. Only certain bars are open before 5pm
2. Food buffets are open at a certain time
3. Pool is pretty cool near the Atlantis Restaurante and they also have a infinity pool
4. Their are steep hills to get to the Food, pool and drink places
5. Hard for handicap to get around, but they will come pick you up in small vans if you call them.
6. Nobody really speaks English :(
So my take is just average for All Inclusive

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Craig M
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Very disappointed that we got a room so far away from the resort, requiring transportation services. The drinks are good, food good, and service okay. They advertise they are bilingual, but we didn't find this to be the case with regards to English. With this said, the service was good with our limited Spanish....of course, with the exception of the front desk, everyone was trying to work with us. Front desk personnel came across as indifferent...couldn't care less. Been in the hotel business for years and the most important training is done at the front desk.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Panama2011_2
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I am sorry.maybe I am so spoiled to luxury resort but I can tell you why this resort service is so bad..
1. Except swmming pool and the beach everything is so old and not upgraded.
2. The late check out means you returned the room key only stay at the resort with you pay $20 per person.
3. The wifi service. You have to buy $15.50 for 24 hours each person. No share!! And you have to come to the front to buy it!!
4. Swimming pool open very early maybe 8 am but towel service start from 10 am.
This.was my first resort in Panama i should know more about this resort before i go..i felt so.bad now.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank leemeron
Reviewed August 11, 2013

So first, this review is way, way overdue! We stayed here mid-February, 2013. There were four of us total, my partner and my two daughters (18 & 19). We booked the golf package... that's probably the only thing I'd change... but really our rooms were great! My daughters had a room in a villa a bit of a way from ours, they had a standard room, it seemed nice enough, I was only in there once. We had the "deluxe" room in the golf section and it was great. It had a separate bedroom, living area, dining room and a kitchen with fridge and stove. We did use the fridge to keep our water and alcohol cold and it was nice to have ice. There was also a washer/dryer but we didn't have any laundry detergent. It was still nice to be able to run our clothes through and get our bathing suits dry... hanging them outside was not really an option due to the humidity. The room also had a really nice patio that overlooked the golf course... I think we were at the second hole... lovely fountains, cool ducks coming by for pieces of granola bars that we were willing to give up, and nice little birds chirping away. It was beautiful sitting out in the wee hours just before sunrise.

If you are in the golf section then you'll definitely have a bit of a walk to the main part of the resort but really this is no big deal. You can wait for shuttles which will take you to the various lobbies or its just a five minute walk and you're there. (of course it's a total drag if you forget your sunglasses or whatever in your room... going back is not as convenient if you're in the other section of the resort, but hey, it's a vacation... what else do I have to do than well NOTHING!!!) In the evenings you can easily catch a shuttle from the lobbies and just tell them which villa you're in and they'll bring you right to your front door.

The pools were amazing. Crowded but amazing. Get there early-ish if you want to get lounge chairs together with your peeps. The drinks were good... not great, but good. They varied from bartender to bartender but still, I had no complaints. It's a pretty good idea to bring your own travel mug... they use those smaller plastic cups and they just don't keep drinks cold for long. We moved around from pool to pool... they had activities posted at one of the pools but these didn't always happen. No biggie, it was still a blast.

The food was pretty good. I've had better at all-inclusives, but if you can't find something to eat then you're really not looking! Breakfast was yummy, service was always good and they were always coming by with coffee refills. Lots of fruit and hot choices. People who complain about the variety kind of amuse me. I mean really, how much variety do you require? I'm sure you've got WAY more to choose from than you'd ever have in your own kitchen and it's all done for you. The ala cartes were good as well. The service was always top notch. You do have to book them in advance so make sure you do this to avoid disappointment. There is a snack bar down at the foot of the stairs from Lobby one that served burgers at lunch... these were pretty good, as were the nachos and salsa.

The place seems very safe and secure... there's a security guard somewhere nearby at night. The grounds were BEAUTIFUL and clean. There were beach activities like kayaking and paddleboating which were included. We also went Jetskiing which was a blast and my daughter won a banana boating certificate at one of the entertainments nights that she took me on which was also great fun!

The nightly shows were fun. They're held near Lobby one. They also had a little market set up with locals selling souveniers and the deals were amazing. I didn't even bother trying to bargain because the prices were so low and even then they were offering me deals even though I wasn't trying to haggle! I went to the night club once with my daughters... it seemed fun there. It's on the far edge of the property, it was and outdoor club... good music and dancing. They also have shuffle board, pool and ping pong which was good fun. My youngest daughter and I went for beachfront massages which are offered near the center of the property down by the pools... the prices were reasonable and it was very relaxing.

The beach is beautiful. If you walk five minutes to the right you will pass some new apartment buildings and then you'll see Woody's bar which is a neat little place run by some Canadians. We went there a few times for a change of pace... once just to check it out and then we went back for a meal another time. They also book tour packages from there. Check it out for sure. If you walk down the beach to the left from the resort you'll find Noriega's abandoned summer home. It was pretty cool walking around in the ruins that are left and exploring.

We booked a tour through Panama Roadrunner to Captain Carl's which was an amazing day trip. Look into it! I booked it before we got there and we went with another couple that I met off tripadvisor. It was an absolutely amazing day. We saw lots of wildlife, local sights, jungle, got to feed monkeys, had a bbq at our own private penninsula, went kayaking to a waterfall and even got to witness a marriage proposal on top of the waterfall of the couple who we met from tripadvisor. My daughters and that couple also booked a snorkelling tour through Panama Roadrunner to the Carribean side and they also toured a little town. They said it was also a great day. Neil was the driver for both trips and he will treat your right! We also booked a city tour through Woody's which is a little beachfront bar just down the beach from the resort. Rather than take the shuttle back to the airport we booked this tour which took us to the Panama Canal and to Panama City. He stopped mid-day for lunch on the boardwalk and we were able to shop for some souveniers there as well. He even stopped at the duty free store for us! The city is amazing... a must see for sure! And the best part was he dropped us off at the airport and we avoided having to take that long and dreadful ride on the shuttle. I would recommend this as anyone's last day plan!

I would give this vacation a 9/10. My main complaint was that LONG shuttle ride from the airport although that's hardly the resort's fault! And since there's a new airport due to be built the next time should only be minutes away! I'd recommend this place for couples, families, friends. You can't go wrong at this resort!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank Tibagrl
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Not the end of the world, but just crappy to mediocre. Crappy food, lots of rules... Like a club med without the good parts. Got yelled out of the dead-still ocean by a lifeguard because of "extreme tides." The swimming pools had more tides because there were 100 people in each one. And on sunday they let loose the salesmen who hound you while walking to breakfast to sell you a membership. Do yourself a favor and go to one of the small surf-hotels down the road in the san carlos area. "All-inclusive" isn't all that great when the "all" sucks. Oh, and if you look carefully you'll notice the occasional security guy camped out in front of a building, just standing there and observing. Apparently there have been more than a few robberies. Awesome.

Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank bungalowbilliam
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farallon
Sheraton Bijao Beach Resort - An All Inclusive Resort
Hotel Playa Blanca Beach Resort
No photo provided
Hotel Rivera
#1 of 2 in Anton

Been to Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort & Villas? Share your experiences!