Generally speaking this was a good resort and I can't complain about anything. That said, if I were to compare it to the Majestic Colonial in Punta Cana, I would would put it at a star less. Older rooms, less ammenities, and slightly lesser staff and quality in the food department. Perhaps if I'd gone to the Decameron first my opinion would be higher, but the Majestic Colonial was just that little bit better and I'm using that as a base of comparison.
From Toronto it is a full day of travel, and coming home, even though the flight didn't depart until 8:00, we still had to be out of our rooms by 11:00, so you really don't get much on that final day.
So if you are open to where you are going to go, you might want to look at other options, if you are set on Panama, I think you'd be quite satisfied here.
Very basic but clean. Not included: bathtub, iron, alarm clock, facecloth, kleenex. Fridge and safe are $3/day each. I would say most of the buildings have a great view. We paid a little extra for ocean view and we were not disappointed. We had a King bed room which was very large and included two daybads. Our kids had an adjoining room with 2 queens which was more of your standard hotel room size. The walls are thin - I could hear my neighbours tv when it was loud.
Grounds and Pools:
Lush, beautiful and clean. Many pools to choose from including adult only, party pool, and my favourite, the infinity pool which has its own bar and snack bar. Like any resort, you need to mark a chair by 7:00 if you want an umbrella. If you don't care about that there are many loungers without umbrellas and tons of chairs on the beach.
Deep beach, strong waves and quite a few jellyfish on the sand and in the water. Both my kids got bit but it is nothing worse than a mild sting.
Decent but not spectacular. At the buffet they had probably 2 grilled meats, salad bar, bread bar, and maybe 8 side dishes? Always some rice, maybe beans, mixed veggies etc. Again, if comparing to Majestic Colonial, Decameron had less selection and didn't do anything presentation wise. Majestic had desserts up on pedestals, and fruit cut out like a swan. Sounds silly but it just made it more special!
As well, salad bars always seemed to be running low, and at the buffet, the clearing of tables was quite slow. You often had to ask for the table to be cleaned so you could sit. I don't know if they are understaffed perhaps?
Lastly, I have Celiac so I brought a card, written in spanish explaining my restrictions. At the buffet they chef was always visible and he was able to point out to me what I could eat. I really appreciated that.
1. The city bus (mini van really) is only $2 each way in to Penonome, a small town about a half hour away. Great experience as it is not geared towards tourists but completely safe. Shopping includes TONS of shoes, tshirts, and dollar store type stores. The good thing is you can go for just a few hours, it is cheap and safe.
2. We did the ATV and Anton Valley trip. Expensive but fun. Even if you've never driven an ATV you should be ok on this. Takes you through the mountains so the scenery is beatiful and you can swim in the falls.
3. Parasailing is $70/person, pretty typical. 15 minute ride, but you're out for about 45 including boat ride too.
4. They have Catamaran boats to use for free, but my husband wasn't feeling experienced enough to handle it alone in the waves, so for just $15 someone took him and my son out for a 1 hour ride. I think that is a bargain.
5. The Nolitours are really helpful, so if you aren't sure what you want to do, just go talk to them and they can probably help you figure something out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort & Villas Panama is an all inclusive hotel located about 2 kilometers of white sandy beach in Farallon, Panama. The hotel is located on the Pacific coast, close to many tourist attractions. Also, the city of Panama and the Tocumen International Airport (PTY) are located 120 miles away. The Royal Decameron in Panama hotel offers 852 guestrooms in low-rise buildings and 370 rooms Villas. Each room is equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV, closet, safe (local charge), direct dial telephone (with deposit cash at the reception) and a private bathroom with shower and hair dryer. Also have a minibar as part of the all inclusive plan and the villas are located on the golf course. Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort & Villas Panama offers eight pools for adults three wading pools, three hot tubs, a casino, a golf course with 18 holes and a full spa. This beach hotel also offers a variety of organized activities on land and water for the whole family, and two convention centers for business travelers. The Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort has 11 bars, a nightclub and 10 restaurants ranging from traditional to the more exotic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf Hotel Farallon
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf And Casino
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort Panama
- Royal Decameron Beach Hotel
- Royal Decameron Panama
- Hotel Royal Decameron Beach
- Royal Decameron Costa Blanca Hotel
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort Golf & Casino
- Royal Decameron Resort Panama
- Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort & Villas Panama/Farallon