I'll try to write this as short and sweet.I got good reviews from colleagues and friends about this hotel so I was expecting better.
TRANSFER: after a 5 hour flight from MTL the 1h45 bus ride is a bit taxing, be ready for it !!
HOTEL:OK but if you get a room atop the hill you'll be in good shape when you get back! If you get it offered, pay the 100or200$ extra to be beachside, because everything except the lobbies are beachside.Don't try to take a shower during lunch time, they're doing a wash of towels so they're are none left in the room !!FOOD:The food at the buffets is really so-so, the à la carte restaurants are better.
STAFF: OK but I found them to be a little less cordial than the Mexicans or even the Dominicans...I tried to speak to them in my limited spanish and most of the time I got the look of ¨Just say it in English man¨
We went mid-December so the rainy season wasn't completly over (Thanks travel agent !?!) so it rained every day !?! a little,15 min, sometimes 3 hours. So we caught on quickly that you have to get in as much sun early in the day and after you contend with whatever falls. So we got to visit the gym, which is too small for a 1000 people hotel but ALEX is muy sympatico and tends to your every need.
We went on 3 excursions: JUNGLEBOAT 90$ per person which was TOTALLY worth it!! You get to see lake Gatun which is the biggest lake on the Panama canal and you get to eat a traditional meal (Better than the hotel!!) and visit lagoons with waterfalls.
TOUR OF THE OLD CITY and the CANAL 45$ per person...personnally I'd have skipped this one because the old city isn't that amazing, it will be amazing in a couple of years after they've restored everything (There is alot of money being pourred into Panama) and the canal well, it's a lock like any other. To me, the history is far more interesting.
ANTON VALLEY : 35$half-day, really cool because you visit a valley and a city built in the crater of a extinct volcano (2 million years) and you get to shop with the locals and visit a refuge for different species of animals...(By the way the food in the city tasted better than the buffet at the hotel !!
The tour guides are really good at explaining in French and English !! (Please tip them!! they're really good!!)
In conclusion, two things, FIRST, if I would go back it would be in Jan or Feb to make sure it doesn't rain. SECOND, having known this ahead of time I would have taken the 12 day at the DECAMERON and 2-day in the CITY PLAN because I would've been that much closer to the airport and been able to see the city at my own pace...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort & Villas Panama is an all inclusive hotel located about 2 kilometers of white sandy beach in Farallon, Panama. The hotel is located on the Pacific coast, close to many tourist attractions. Also, the city of Panama and the Tocumen International Airport (PTY) are located 120 miles away. The Royal Decameron in Panama hotel offers 852 guestrooms in low-rise buildings and 370 rooms Villas. Each room is equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV, closet, safe (local charge), direct dial telephone (with deposit cash at the reception) and a private bathroom with shower and hair dryer. Also have a minibar as part of the all inclusive plan and the villas are located on the golf course. Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort & Villas Panama offers eight pools for adults three wading pools, three hot tubs, a casino, a golf course with 18 holes and a full spa. This beach hotel also offers a variety of organized activities on land and water for the whole family, and two convention centers for business travelers. The Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort has 11 bars, a nightclub and 10 restaurants ranging from traditional to the more exotic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Expedia so you can book your Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf Hotel Farallon
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf And Casino
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort Panama
- Royal Decameron Beach Hotel
- Royal Decameron Panama
- Hotel Royal Decameron Beach
- Royal Decameron Costa Blanca Hotel
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf & Casino Panama/Farallon
- Royal Decameron Resort Panama