“Great Place”

Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Farallon
Cuisines: Caribbean, Diner, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Proudly from Panamanian Pacific and Caribbean since 2000 specializes in seafood, homemade food, simple
Vancouver, Canada
“Great Place”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I went for a walk one afternoon and found this place. It was closed but Luz, a very friendly gal came out and spoke to me and told me about her menu. I continued my walk over to Woody's but was not impressed with the service at Woody's and decided to go back to La Fogata and make a reservation (recommended) for that night. My wife and I were not disappointment. The lobster special was excellent as well as the service. George the owners history lesson on Panama was very informative and appreciated. I would recommend this place for sure. Lobster and large shrimp with salad, shrimp cocktail, dessert and coffee, $30

• Visited January 2013

• Polish first
Naples, FL
“Spectacular and Inexpensive”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I liked it all. From Seafood to Meats, all on the grill with a cold Panama beer or Malbec Cabernet. It was spectacular!!!

Visited December 2012
Central America
“Good restaurant, worth visiting”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We were staying in Playa Blanca and decided to go out to dinner. There are not many options and I wanted to try something I haven't visited yet. I found "La Fogata" located at almost the end of the road that takes you to Decameron, entering the town of Farallon.
It advertises itself as a "Caribbean cooking in the Pacific". We were pleasently surprised. The food was delicious. Fancy drinks are not part of the offerings. The service was slow but the place is rustic and relaxed, so we waited. The restaurant logo seems to be "We serve good food, not fast food". Prices are not cheap, the servings are "semi gourmet size". We had Mahi/Mahi (doral) and Lobster ($15 small $30 medium). Dessert is limited, however the "flan" which was more like a "tocinillo del cielo", was as good as my grandmother used to make.
I plan to return.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank MEDTRAV
Dallas, Texas
“Great Find”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

One does not expect to find a great resto in the middle of Panama. This is the exception. Luz and Jurg are committed to customer service and Luz, who runs the kitchen, is fastidious about the quality of her product. If you find yourself anywhere near Farallon of the Royal Decameron Golf and Beach Resort, it would definitely be well worth your while to make a reservation at La Fogata. The "Sexy Lobster" is definitely a must!

• Visited October 2012
Norris Point, Canada
“Amazing”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We went to Panama for a well needed vacation. Staying at the Royal Decameron the food was great but a night out to La Fogata was truly amazing. My wife even got a second Calamari dish to take back too the hotel. If you are in Farallon or passing through you have to stop at the La Fogata, your taste buds will thank you.

• Visited October 2012