“The true meaning of a boutique hotel”

Casa Guardia Panama
Ranked #2 of 5 Farallon B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Oceanfront on Farallón, the best beach in Panama´s Pacific Riviera, Casa Guardia stands out not only by the quality of its physical plant and surrounding blush greenery but also the warmth and quality of its staff and their exquisite love for details. The garden identifies each of the plants with plaques explaining their specific genre, the location is set aside in a quiet cul-de-sac, the wine cellar has offerings from around the globe and Chef Ana Sanchez is set on satisfying all its guests whims...and more! Mango strips on a regular salad...voila la joie de vivre!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JaimeF1

Reviewed July 4, 2013

This was my second trip to Casa Guardia, this time was very relaxing and rejuvenating just as it was the first time . Casa Guardia is a great place to just kick back and relax. Whether you want to rest on a hammock and read a book, walk the beach, relax poolside, or watch a movie, it is all there. If you are looking for activities at the house there is basketball, ping pong, billiards swimming pool, and the beach. If you are looking for activities outside Casa Guardia, you can find Golf, Jet Skis and Zip lines not far. There is shopping and plenty of dining options as well If you find yourself downtown for dinner I highly recommend the "heart attack" desert The house is quiet and peaceful and has everything you need. I was very comfortable, felt like home away from home. The staff was very pleasant and more than willing to accommodate us with our needs. I highly recommend Casa Guardia for your next vacation, you will find everything you need for a relaxing vacation with a home away from home feel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank SMase
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This was my first time here. I will say that it was better than I expected. You have the pool as well as the beach. And there is basketball, pool, ping pong to keep you busy when you're not in the water. There are lots of activities nearby. My favorite part was the beach. The water is beautiful, and there' s always room for beach activities due to the privacy of the beach. I would highly recommend staying here. And I look forward to coming back sometime.

1  Thank Aguttadauro
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I have stayed at Casa Guardia twice and absolutely love it there. We had a blast playing frisbee on the beach every day. We spent lots of time swimming in the ocean and the pool that overlooks the beach. The food at the house was great and the staff treated us like family. We also found fun activities to do not far from Casa Guardia such as zip lining, golfing, shopping, jet skiing, and plenty of great restaurants when we wanted to have dinner out.
I have nothing negative at all to say about my time at Casa Guardia. It is an amazing place to vacation with all of the comforts of home.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I've been to this tropical wonderland twice and If I had the choice I would go many more times. There's always something to do and you never get bored. There are many excursions relatively close by like ziplining, jetskiing, snorkling, etc. I wouldn't advise traveling here during late spring and early summer because it is the rain season and its tough to get a full day of sunshine. Other than spring and summer everyday is always sunny and hot. My favorite part about the whole complex is the rancho located in the front lot that is right on the beach. If it gets too hot or rains there's a few hammocks and chairs you can sit down in. If you dont want to listen to the rain fall or the waves crash against the beach you can always plug in your music device and listen to your favorite tunes. This is why I love the rancho so much. My experience here has to be a solid 10 out of 10. I would highly recommend vacationing here!

Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

After travelling through Cuba and Panama for 4 weeks we stumbled onto this lovely house by chance. What a lovely surprise as the owners Enrique and Karen warmly welcomed us. They were so kind and friendly and we ended up eating every meal with them and drinking wine in the evenings. Enrique even graced us with his fine piano skills. The food is amazing here its like home cooking of a high standard and im a chef myself, so there is no need for eating out. As a young married couple this place was just what we needed and the price is very fair for this lovely guest house. The swimming pool over looking the beach is ideal for relaxing in a hammock and listening to the rich bird life. Taking long walks on the ever stretching beach is ideal. Nothing but great things to say about our experience here. 100% happy. Would love to come again when we have children.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank campung
Reviewed January 17, 2012

A very peaceful spot not far from busy Panama City. The house is surrounded with a lush tropical yard. The house is large enough to accommodate a large group yet small enough to provide privacy for a couple. I would definitely splurge for the large room with balcony. The wine selection is extensive and reasonably priced. Food is very good. Easy access to the beach which across one lane path is very accessible. I am not a big bird watcher but the variety of birds was amazing. I walked down the path a short distance and saw many birds. Noreiga's old abandoned beach house is next door! The only complaint would be the bed linens could be upgraded.

Room Tip: If you are a couple I suggest booking the large room with balcony and palm ceiling. The sliding doo...