“Underwhelmed”

Restaurante Nuevo Futuro
Ranked #65 of 108 Restaurants in David
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed February 9, 2014

If U Like Greasy Comida China, Hidden Charges, Just Off the Boat Servers, and Rude
Manager? This is the place for U!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I go to this restaurant at least twice a month for lunch. For starters, compared to many other chinese restaurants, this place is clean!

The food is consistent and high quality. One day a week ago, I ordered the Gallina plate with Bok Choy (they call it the comida rapida for some reason) but it is a huge plate with an incredibly different full bodied rice, sauces and bok Choy) but the owner said he could not supply it. Basically it is chicken with Bok Choy..... well, Gallina is not just any chicken like those raised in a commercial building and then processed, Gallina is open air natural range fed chicken, much more tender and healthy, and the owner would not substitute the cheaper chicken for Gallina and cheat me! He is that honest and caring about the quality he serves.

I ended up with the comida rapida of the stewed pork, and that is as tasty a dish as I have ever had, and I order it many times each year now.

Seating is comfortable, the decor is chinese but pretty basic..... they didn't spend a lot here but it gets the point across. Sometimes the service is fast and sometimes slow so I just go up to the counter, usually to the owner and just tell him what I want. No problem, and it alerts him to the slowness of the servers at rare times..... this is nothing serious to worry about.

TV is usually a chinese program with english subtitles..... and usually very interesting indeed. I have learned a lot about the chinese by watching some of the programs there while dining.

For a safe place to eat where you won't come away with an upset stomach, try Nuevo Futuro (means New Future) in Spanish. Chances are you will come away satisfied.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I visited this restaurant this past week for the second time. Earlier, I went for dim sum. The dim sum was good but not hot. I arrived about 11 o'clock and will try again at an earlier time.
This past week I went in the evening and had a decent meal. Appetizer was ok and the shrimp dinner was good. This same dish at another restaurant cost twice as much. I will continue to try different dishes here.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

However, I insist that this is the restaurant with the most varied menu of dishes as far as Chinese food is concerned, including seafood and all kinds of meats, vegetables ... anyway. they have two menu, simplified one and the other is really amazing because it shows the list of more or less one hundred dishes which is very hard to pick. Really need more oriental ambience, but for me the food and staff efficiency in every detail is spectacular. please friends do not mention other restaurants in our comments, that takes care tripadvisor team...

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Well I would not call it a gourmet Chinese restaurant, its an old style (even if brand new) Chinese restaurant in one large open space. The ambiance is non existent. Now lets go to the food part, for 28 usd we ordered a meal for three ppl we were 3 adults and 2 kids and there was no way we could finish it all. What really impressed us was the quality, you could feel the freshness of the ingredient and the care of every dish. This was my fourth option in David since every other restaurant in tripadvisor was closed (its a Sunday) but I am really glad I could try it. The five stars are largely due to the quality and price of the ingredients. If you want a gourmet restaurant go to cuatro for an incredible experience.