“Why Did I stop here and buy beers at 5 times the local price”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of TGI Friday's

TGI Friday's
Ranked #53 of 97 Restaurants in David
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Vancouver, Canada
“Why Did I stop here and buy beers at 5 times the local price”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

Just a mistake on my part. TGIF isnt really cheaper than in other countries. Hamburgers are more than 10 bucks and they almost made it rare, gross. Anyways, not even worth bringing a date here. Probably the most overpriced and expensive restaurant in a town with many other good options!

Visited November 2013

Tucson, Arizona
“Bad Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

My friends and I were hungry so we decided to stop by the first restaurant we saw, which was TGIs . When we went in there was no hostess nor anyone to help us out so we had to physically go find them... we ordered our food and it didn't get to us until a little after one hour, we also did not have any utensils given to us. The waiter (who was now a different one) seemed very nervous, they weren't full at all so I don't know why everything was going wrong and taking so long. I wouldn't suggest eating here if you want your food within 1 hour.

• Visited November 2013
Montevideo, Uruguay
“Great food...once we got it!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

We went to T G I Friday's for my birthday because I was struggling with some culture shock and wanted something American. Our waiter spoke English quite well, so that was nice. The menu was kind of amusing, with English titles for dishes and Spanish descriptions.

I ordered some hamburger with bacon and guacamole and it was WONDERFUL. I loved it, really. The fries that came with it were soggy, but they had Heinz ketchup, so that was a definite plus. My husband had salmon with pasta, and he really liked his food too. He has a severe allergy to MSG and we were able to communicate with them effectively enough that his food was just made with butter, salt, and pepper, and nothing else that could be possibly a problem. It worked, and he didn't react to his food at all. So, that was good.

The only thing that was kind of weird was, we arrived just after 3 pm--the time was 3:06 when we had selected our dishes, and for most of the time that we were there, there were only three other tables of guests in the restaurant. And there were probably 6-8 employees going hanging around in front, greeting people, wiping things down, and mostly kind of standing around. We didn't get our food until after 4 pm! No apology about the wait, or anything. I don't know what would have happened if we had come at dinner time when there were other people eating too!

It was really frustrating because we had our daughter with us, who is 14 months old, and is not very good at waiting for things, let alone waiting in a high chair. They brought her a balloon at the beginning, which was nice, but it kept her interested for about 5 minutes, and after that we were on our own. I kept pulling out new things to entertain her, little toys and snacks, but the wait was so long that her desire to go get in trouble, and her frustration about her teething made it a challenge for us to wait SO long for our food.

Also, we saw the staff singing to another table that was there and left near the beginning of our wait. So my husband told them it was my birthday (which, it was) and they said they were going to sing and do whatever they do. They didn't. There was no mention of it at all after that. I'm not bitter about that, I don't really care, but that just seemed kind of weird that they said they would and then they didn't.

Anyway, I would probably go back for another one of those bacon and guacamole hamburgers, but the wait and lack of attention was not something I want to do again. Especially for like, a $12 hamburger. And, if you have that kind of wait, can you warn us, or keep us updated, or can we bust out some crayons or stickers or saltines or something, anything?

• Visited August 2013
“Nice franchise restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

It used to be the only good restaurant in David, but lately, moré restaurants are being established here. Still, a good choice for people who are not adventurous.

Visited June 2013
Panama
“New TGIF at Multi-Plaza in Punta Pacifica.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

The food, service, and atmosphere is great. I love the potato crumb chicken with fries and salad best.

Visited March 2013