“Nice place”

Hotel Puerta del Sol
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in David
“Nice place”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Dont worget to visit this place. It was incredible. Nice people. I recommend it. Dont forget to visit this nice place.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank lexander777

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Logansport, Indiana
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stayed for 3 days and the service was OK, but could use a little more professionalism at the front desk. The desk was ran by two girls who were more interested in talking to each other than helping us. The rooms were clean and the hotel is centrally located.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank mfreshour
Arraijan
Reviewed January 18, 2012

This is nice hotel, located in a very good location; near everything in David. The attention is not great but is passable; the rooms are comfortable enough with hot water. The restaurant is also ok. I sent a weekend with my wife and the first night we have a problem with the remote control of the AC; we complain and they tried to fix it, once they were unable to repair it, we were switch to a different room. Overall of the hotel is average, recommended for a night rest during a long trip or as a base to travel around chiriqui

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jose_Angel_Pitti
Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Rooms were comfortable and clean. Staff was very nice. Very close to all shopping. TV was small. I don't know if breakfast was included (wasn't told and didn't ask). I didn't eat any meals in the restaurant so I can't say anything about it. I read earlier about problems with the key locks. My lock was difficult, too. You have to put you key card in a receiver in the room to make the a/c work so you can't leave the a/c running when you leave (some may see this as a negative but I love it). The only problem with the a/c is that we couldn't control the temp and it got too cold. I would stay again because of the great value.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ChrisB_CR
Greeley, Colorado
Reviewed December 30, 2011

The Puerta del Sol was the best economy hotel we stayed in while in Panama. Our room was quite comfortable, overlooked part of David, and was air conditioned. The cost was a mere $36 plus tax! You can't beat that! In addition, the hotel staff members were very friendly. The hotel is centrally located for walking around the main part of the city. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for room 148 which is away from the street traffic and has a partial view of David.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Riverside, California
Reviewed December 8, 2011

This was the best place we stayed in a hotel in Costa Rica and Panama. Great value. clean rooms. no bugs. great meals in the restaurant. staff was very helpful in advice in getting around.

Room Tip: You can't beat the price $42 for a couple for a nights stay.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Atenas, Costa Rica
Reviewed February 26, 2011

Having spent some time in Panama City two months earlier, I was extremely pleased with the differences i experienced in David. In the capital I paid $150 for three nights in a clean but modest hotel. At Puerta del Sol I found a well-located hotel in a well-maintained older building with all the facilities I required in top-notch condition at about 75% of the price.
The bathroom was 21st Century with a dynamic shower and more hot water than I could ever need. The air conditioning had multiple settings and functioned perfectly. I used only the larger bed, and I slept like a king. There was no problem with noise from the street or from the hall. Chamber maid was efficient and thorough. The small closet had ample space to hang clothes, and shelves to lay things on.
The staff was professional and friendly, but not pushy. I´m not sure how many spoke English, as I prefer to use Spanish with Latin Americans.
Breakfasts were awesome. I especially liked the small fruit salad, typically pineapple, cantaloupe, papaya, watermelon and banana. Enough for two people. Toasted wholewheat bread with blackberry marmalade, Wonderful coffee. And all the hot and heavy ham and eggs and cereals that one might wish.
Heat and humidity are present during daylight hours, but all buildings and taxis are air conditioned and I had no problems. Of course I´m only 80 years old, so i may have to adjust some day. I will be back to Puerta del Sol.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business