Have been to Las Olas Beach Resort 5 times now and the place is worth the money... actually it's a good deal. It's off the beaten path but worth the drive out to the coast from David. The staff is excellent and will go the extra step to accommodate. If you're looking to get away from the hustle & bustle and just relax, this is the place. Good restaurant on site and another just up the beach (short walk). We've been very disappointed with reservations at a B& B in Volcan and an Inn in Puerto Amuelles and have left those places w/out staying to come back to Las Olas.
As you can see by some other reviews, there are some issues but in the 4 years we've been coming here there's nothing so big as to warrant us from not returning. We have actually seen improvements in upkeep this trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 30 minutes from David, Panama’s second largest city and the Enrique Malek International Airport, Las Olas Resort is at the heart of the 14 mile stretch of beach called Playa La Barqueta and the surrounding 2,000 acre plantation. Some of the best surfers in all of Panama may be found catching waves on this spectacular expanse of beach and its waves giving Las Olas its name, meaning “The Waves”. Las Olas Resort offer 48 rooms all facing uninterrupted views of the Pacific Ocean. We have standard rooms with two queen beds or one king bed, six junior suites with a separate living area, and two king suites featuring two bedrooms and one living area. Each and every room is steps away from the gorgeous sand and beautiful blue waters of Playa La Barqueta. Each room has a terrace, with lower rooms having beachside access while the upper floors have their own enclosed private terrace.offers excellent shopping, dining, and nightlife. Las Olas Resort features lush gardens, wandering walkways surrounded by the umbrella shaped coverage of almond trees, tall and lovely grape leaves, multicolored crotos, pink bougabilia, hedges of hicacos and a wide variety of palm trees,. All forty-eight rooms are directly facing the Pacific Ocean and the spectacular views of the majestic sunsets over Playa La Barqueta. In La Abigail Restaurant guests can enjoy local, organic plantains, pineapples, mangos (in season), papaya and watermelon. We raise our own grass fed beef and lamb, duck, pork, and chicken. Taste fresh coconut water to refresh your body and enjoy tennis, kayaking, surfing, strolling the beach or taking a swim. Good for mind and body, Las Olas Resort provides a quick way to hit your internal reset button.The Bella Donna Convention Center at Las Olas Resort offers meeting and event spaces of a variety of sizes with various services, food and beverage options available. Added to the adjacent covered outdoor space, one could hold a party of 500 or more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel Las Olas Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Las Olas Beach David
- Hotel Las Olas Beach Resort Panama/David