Sometimes it is just necessary to get away from the routine of daily life, right? If you live near David, Panama......... this resort is only about an hour away.
It is right on the beach and the rooms are incredibly huge and neat and very clean. AC works great, screens on the windows, the most comfortable matresses in any hotel I have ever been in and well maintained grounds.
The only weak area for us was the food.......... and the menu. I see they are trying to give a good mix of offers............. I would give them an A for trying........ but the actual cooking or recipes they use, like for their two Mexican dishes, were just not like anything I ever had in Mexico!
We left a day earlier than planned because we didn't want to be stuck with that menu.......
But we noticed as we drove away that there are a few other small restaurants nearby so maybe next time, if things don't change, we can stay the extra day and go to the other places nearby.
The pool is also not kid friendly............ too deep, drop offs, etc. They really should build a kiddy pool and I think a ton more families would visit. Our 3 year old actually slipped in the most shallow part, which was still too deep, and drank some water before we rescued her a couple of seconds later!
Overall good place............ just some tweaking and if could be fantastic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 30 minutes from David, Panama’s second largest city and the Enrique Malek International Airport, Las Olas Resort is at the heart of the 14 mile stretch of beach called Playa La Barqueta and the surrounding 2,000 acre plantation. Some of the best surfers in all of Panama may be found catching waves on this spectacular expanse of beach and its waves giving Las Olas its name, meaning “The Waves”. Las Olas Resort offer 48 rooms all facing uninterrupted views of the Pacific Ocean. We have standard rooms with two queen beds or one king bed, six junior suites with a separate living area, and two king suites featuring two bedrooms and one living area. Each and every room is steps away from the gorgeous sand and beautiful blue waters of Playa La Barqueta. Each room has a terrace, with lower rooms having beachside access while the upper floors have their own enclosed private terrace.offers excellent shopping, dining, and nightlife. Las Olas Resort features lush gardens, wandering walkways surrounded by the umbrella shaped coverage of almond trees, tall and lovely grape leaves, multicolored crotos, pink bougabilia, hedges of hicacos and a wide variety of palm trees,. All forty-eight rooms are directly facing the Pacific Ocean and the spectacular views of the majestic sunsets over Playa La Barqueta. In La Abigail Restaurant guests can enjoy local, organic plantains, pineapples, mangos (in season), papaya and watermelon. We raise our own grass fed beef and lamb, duck, pork, and chicken. Taste fresh coconut water to refresh your body and enjoy tennis, kayaking, surfing, strolling the beach or taking a swim. Good for mind and body, Las Olas Resort provides a quick way to hit your internal reset button.The Bella Donna Convention Center at Las Olas Resort offers meeting and event spaces of a variety of sizes with various services, food and beverage options available. Added to the adjacent covered outdoor space, one could hold a party of 500 or more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Las Olas Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Las Olas Beach David
- Hotel Las Olas Beach Resort Panama/David