If you want to relax and chill, las olas resort and las brisas condos are the perfect place. This is right on a black sand beach with pounding waves about 30 minutes from the David airport.
The ocean can range from inviting to fierce. We had one day where it was so calm the we swam beyond the wave break and other days where we choose to swim in the pool.
There are three tennis courts, fishing, bikes, massage services and day trips. we did a day trip to Boquete to zip line and another to Boca Chica to snorkle, and site see. Both are highly recommended.
The restaurant on site was fine, we liked the breakfasts on the veranda. And you could never go wrong ordering the filet or special of the night.
The rooms were on par with the price we paid. Ask it there are any specials when you reserve.
Ask for confirmation, print it out and bring it with you so there is no confusion.
Service, we found that they, in general, were eager to help. But then we speak a little Spanish. If you don't speak Spanish bring a dictionary or app on your phone to help with getting your request across.
We have stay here a couple times, there is always good and bad, but the plusses come out ahead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 30 minutes from David, Panama’s second largest city and the Enrique Malek International Airport, Las Olas Resort is at the heart of the 14 mile stretch of beach called Playa La Barqueta and the surrounding 2,000 acre plantation. Some of the best surfers in all of Panama may be found catching waves on this spectacular expanse of beach and its waves giving Las Olas its name, meaning “The Waves”. Las Olas Resort offer 48 rooms all facing uninterrupted views of the Pacific Ocean. We have standard rooms with two queen beds or one king bed, six junior suites with a separate living area, and two king suites featuring two bedrooms and one living area. Each and every room is steps away from the gorgeous sand and beautiful blue waters of Playa La Barqueta. Each room has a terrace, with lower rooms having beachside access while the upper floors have their own enclosed private terrace.offers excellent shopping, dining, and nightlife. Las Olas Resort features lush gardens, wandering walkways surrounded by the umbrella shaped coverage of almond trees, tall and lovely grape leaves, multicolored crotos, pink bougabilia, hedges of hicacos and a wide variety of palm trees,. All forty-eight rooms are directly facing the Pacific Ocean and the spectacular views of the majestic sunsets over Playa La Barqueta. In La Abigail Restaurant guests can enjoy local, organic plantains, pineapples, mangos (in season), papaya and watermelon. We raise our own grass fed beef and lamb, duck, pork, and chicken. Taste fresh coconut water to refresh your body and enjoy tennis, kayaking, surfing, strolling the beach or taking a swim. Good for mind and body, Las Olas Resort provides a quick way to hit your internal reset button.The Bella Donna Convention Center at Las Olas Resort offers meeting and event spaces of a variety of sizes with various services, food and beverage options available. Added to the adjacent covered outdoor space, one could hold a party of 500 or more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Las Olas Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Las Olas Beach David
- Hotel Las Olas Beach Resort Panama/David