“Overpriced poor-quality food with terrible service and atmosphere”

Gallardo's Steak and Grill
Ranked #16 of 100 Restaurants in David
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
USA
“Overpriced poor-quality food with terrible service and atmosphere”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Atmosphere: I ate there on a weekday about 3:00 in the afternoon. There was one other table of people eating there. The place was decorated nicely and would pass as a Mexican restaurant in America. The television was on and very loud, so much so that it was difficult to talk with other people. The television was playing a Rihanna video compliation over and over and was borderline sexually explicit. I would not want my children eating there with me.

Food: Truthfully the food was sub-par. I ordered chicken fajitas. They were not like the chicken fajitas that you would get in the states at a Mexican restaurant. The chicken was tough and not very flavorable. The portion was tiny, maybe one scoop of food that had been made much earlier in the day or something. Even though the portion was small, I left half of it on the plate. It just wasn't very edible.

Service: There was only my table and one other table eating there. There were three different servers standing around talking with each other, and an additional worker behind the bar that was immediately to the right of where I was sitting. It took me 20 minutes after I had pushed the plate away to get the check. I had no refills of my water.

Cleanliness. The restaurant was clean. The tables and chairs seemed straight and the table tops appeared ready for customers.

Price: My chicken fajitas were $16 for approximately 1/5 of the portion that you would receive in America. This is the only place I've been so far in Panama that I have contemplated that maybe I got the gringo menu instead of the local menu. I can't imagine how they would justify that the meal they served me would warrant a price of $16. I've had ten times the portion five times the quality at below half the cost in the states.

• Visited November 2013

Key West, Fl
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You would think nachos would be ok”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Just arrived in David , it's raining and decide to try this place out . Just wanted a snack for dinner and ordered nachos and ceviche. The ceviche was fine, but the nachos were the worst!!! Stale chips, cold canned cheese whiz, and some strange black chicken.....it's a Mexican restaurant! They did offer menus in English, but we would not recommend this place!

Visited September 2013
Panama
“Another restaurant disappointment in David”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I had heard both good and bad reviews from friends the past few months. My companion and I decided to give the restaurant a try as it was earlier afternoon and we had not had lunch. The restaurant is well located on the inter-America highway and look new and modern. Nice furnishings, large TV's and a secured Wi-fi.
However, the menu is predominately Mexican fare, not a steak grill house. Most items on the menu are very expensive. I ordered the flauta gratinada de pollo and my companion ordered tacos mixto gallardos. We were very adamant in both English and Spanish my plate contains no onions (sin cebello) as I am allergic to onions. First I was served flauta gratinada de carne (meat). The owner/manager took the plate back to the kitchen and I had to wait several minutes for a new meal. My companion her tacos were not very good and had very little pollo, carne or shrimp. Also, she did not receive any guacamole as indicated on the menu. When I finally received my plate it had a salsa bowl loaded with onions. I checked the guacamole bowl and found several chunks of onions. The manager had assured me that he could make the guacamole without onions. I doubt I will return any time in the future.

• Visited August 2013
Montreal
“Great steak in David! "Mexican" cuisine if that's your thing”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Was amazed at the general quality of the food ofering at Gallardo's. The quality of the meat was the best I have seen in David. And the service was great as they picked up the best waiters from El Fogon and Tamburelli's in David. Restaurant was also very clean.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank MontrealMot
San Jose, Costa Rica
“I don't like Vicente Fernandez”
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner here. Menu had a lot of items to offer; like, something for everyone. The food, yes i know, takes a while, but is really good. I had the tacos, but they had something they call Gallardo's Sauce, which wasn't on the menu. So i changed with my dad, who had the Tostadas, they were delicious. The only thing that bothered me was Vicente Fernandez blaring through the speakers, because it's the only music they've got

1 Thank gmrfoodie