“I don't like Vicente Fernandez”

Gallardo's Steak and Grill
Ranked #19 of 109 Restaurants in David
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner here. Menu had a lot of items to offer; like, something for everyone. The food, yes i know, takes a while, but is really good. I had the tacos, but they had something they call Gallardo's Sauce, which wasn't on the menu. So i changed with my dad, who had the Tostadas, they were delicious. The only thing that bothered me was Vicente Fernandez blaring through the speakers, because it's the only music they've got

1  Thank gmrfoodie

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Service was very good. food was very good service all around was very good, very clean plus free internet

Reviewed November 15, 2012

my husband and i thought it was okay. our friends really loved it and have been back to eat another meal. overly large menu, hard to get through. prices reasonable though.

1  Thank wemovealot
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I have given Gallardo's 2 chances. I like the food okay, but inside it is so loud I end up shouting at my wife the entire meal. TV's blaring and other guests trying to talk over each other. I know they can't control how loud the guests talk, but the thing that bothers me the most is the little alarm sound that "beep, beep, beeps" every time someone walks in and out of the restaurant. There are tables outside so waiters are constantly walking in and out so the beeping never stops. On both of my visits I asked if they could disable the alarm system, and was told, "Sorry we can't. Other people have already complained too." So they know everyone on the place is annoyed, but refuse to push a few numbers and disable the door alarm.

I know it isn't a big deal. It's a pet peeve, but it makes me crazy. Order your food to go, or sit outside in the heat.

1  Thank halfthrottle
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Check out the menu folks......... there is something for everyone here. And the cooking is great (even if it takes a little longer than usual). What a lucky thing the last place closed down, since they overcharged and gave tiny plates of food.

Here the ice tea is in a big glass, and surprise!, they keep refilling it for free! (like the good old days before others started squeezing every nickle out of you).

of course, we now keep going back and giving references so you see, their generosity works. Take note other restaurants.

Also the portions are incredible.

The service is way above average but if there is anything they could improve on, it wolud be getting the waiters ti stop talking amongst themselves.

I hope you go and enjoy this new place soon.