“Best Hotel in Chiriqui”

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in David
Panama City, Panama
“Best Hotel in Chiriqui”
Reviewed September 23, 2010

Everything was amazing. Service is top notch and so are the installations.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Reviewed May 14, 2010

I'll make this short and sweet. If you need to stay in David for a few days on business or for pleasure, this is the place to go. It's in the city center around the corner from the movie theater and casino. It has a very good and reasonably priced restaurant with great atmosphere. a rooftop pool, gym, and spa. They also offer weekend getaway packages. The front desk staff is excellent and and helpful arranging taxis, things to do...etc...

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank crocodilesmile
Puerto Jimenez, Costa Rica
Reviewed March 9, 2010

After viewing the website for this property and reading the 2 reviews here on Trip Advisor, I decided to book this new hotel for my regular 90 day visa renewal from Costa Rica. From the moment you walk in the door it's clear you have stepped into a whole new world...of service and integrity in the hospitality business in David. Check in was a breeze! Rosselline at the front desk is a wealth of knowledge and information. Jose, the cheerful and helpful bellman showed me to my room and explained how the lights work (you have to have your key in a slot by the door), and showing me the internet connection. Being on vacation, I didn't want to sit at a desk to use my computer, I wanted to lie in bed. The cable provided was 6' short. He said he would be back in 10 minutes with a longer cable, and sure enough he showed up with the cable and I was able to relax in bed and work during my stay. Aroldo, the evening bellman made sure I had plenty of ice for my evening cocktails and called taxi's and made recommendations for restaurants and nights on the town. Idu Ribeiro, the GM was always around and asking how my stay was going and making sure I had everything I needed. I can't say enough great things about the staff at this hotel! Rosselline helped to get my watch repaired, my glasses repaired, and set me up an appointment with an incredible dentist to have my teeth cleaned (Dr. Alfonso Malca).

The rooms were spacious and very comfortable, free internet, flat screen tv, granite countertops in the bathrooms, huge shower, very comfotable beds and linens...everything you would hope for! I chose a city view room instead of a pool view. I was on the SE side...nice view, but next time I'll stay on the NW side because on a clear day you have incredible views of Volcano Baru. The website is very representative of how this property looks and feels. If you are planning to stay here you will not be disappointed. 5 Stars in my book (PS. I have a hotel in Costa Rica)

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank John P
Panama
Reviewed February 4, 2010

Having traveled intensively for over 30 years on business, I can say that the Hotel Ciudad de David provides its guests with everything one could wish for in a hotel - really pleasant staff, clean, great food and facilities at a very reasonable price. Having suffered the inefficiencies and lack of facilities of the Hotel Gran Nacional in David on a monthly basis for more than a year, I now have a home from home where I can go to the gym after work, relax at the bar eating a delicious meal while chatting with the owners who treat every guest like a house guest. Five stars at a 3 star price. A wonderful experience!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank pjmg
Bogota
Reviewed January 19, 2010

I had the opportunity to stay at the hotel shortly after it was opened for service. My original purpose was to find an alternative to the Gran Nacional Hotel which was the only option for bussines in David, however I ended up being in a warm, professional and incredibly welcoming environment where the owners greet you and personally make sure you get a 5 stars treatment, rooms are spacious and very clean, it has a 2 story parking attached to the hotel, delicious restaurant, fast and reliable internet connection, fully equiped bussines room and last but not least, they understand your needs as a bussines person and fulfill them at your first request, Rates are very competitive for what you receive in service. Additonally you will find a well stocked bar and a top-notch gym.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business