$92
$70
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $100/night.

$78
$74
Priceline
Free cancellation until 07/23
$50
Hotel Residencial Cervantes(David)(Great Value!)
$38
Bed and Breakfast Little Italy(David)(Great Value!)
$44
$40
$59
$57
$54
$45
Free cancellation until 07/27
$45
Chambres en Ville(David)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 07/27
$25
All reviewsprivate roomtree houseoutdoor kitchenthe ownerone nightthe busair concosta ricacold beerminute walkrefreshing poolfish restaurantquick stopdorm bedslong hot dayhuge supermarketjungle area
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Bambu Hostel is a great place to stop for a night, before you head to Bocas del Toro, Boquete, or Costa Rica, or to enjoy the pleasures that a small city like David has to offer (supermarkets, pharmacies and shops). Great kitchen with two hobs, a fridge and a huge table to have your dinner! Dorms are basic, but very nice and comfortable. I stayed a the jungle house without aircon, but dorms with ac are also available. You can chill by the pool, in a hammock, or having a drink in the bamboo bar playing football table. There is also a confi area with sofas where you can check internet or watch TV!The staff are very friendly and there is a nice atmosphere!

I will definitely come back!

Room Tip: I've stayed at the jungle house dorm and loved it for only $11!
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Beatriz L
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I might have been extremely lucky with previous hostels I stayed at during my trip. I had to stay one night in David and for that it's ok. The owner and staff is friendly and helpful. Plus for that. However, it's a very noisy place. Until 4 am there was party noise right outside of my (private) room. While this place probably is fun for young 20-year-old backpackers (pool, shots 1dollar), for anyone going with a more quiet style it's not that much fun. I wanted to stay in a dorm but since there were not-so-fresh people staying long term decided to pay the little extra for a private room. The owner did advise me for the inconvenience, which I did appreciate. A little messy feeling all in all. However, ok for someone who just has to stay one night in David.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank Hanna L
agent421, Owner at Bambu Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

As I read this review, the dreaded fear of the "bad" review grabbed hold of me. "How could she not like our great hostel?" I thought. "She was nice at check in" I remembered. Then this wave of calm swept over me and I began to relax. "Not everyone is going to like you and thats ok", I thought and I stopped worrying. We have a great thing going here at bambu. If I can please most of the people most of the time then Im doing a good thing, and that is certainly the case.

The biggest most successful hostel in Panama, the great Luna's Castle, has a low 65% approval rating. When a hostel is very popular people want to give it a try, but not everyone is cut out for the hostel experience. The hostel experience means that you sacrifice some privacy, quietness, and comfort in exchange for an exciting travelers community, amazing out door kitchen, free wifi, luxury swimming pool, laundry, pool bar, hammocks, travel services, cheap meals, computers, music, fun, dancing, new friends, and basically the experience of a lifetime.

Hannah you told me at check in that you were traveling on business. Perhaps a hotel would have served you better.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

Great kitchen. Dorm rooms were basic but fine. Friendly staff and a nice atmosphere. Lots of guests hanging out by the pool late into the night talking. Not a crazy loud party scene though. David isn't a very nice city compared to other places in Panama, but it's a good pit stop.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank ilovetoucans
lapkin, Owner at Bambu Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2014

Smart travelers know a country is more than beaches and mountains. David city is a great place for shopping, food, and getting to know the real people our Panama. The tourist towns in the mountains and beaches are more full of tourists than locals.

Here you will see less tourists, you can practice your Spanish, and take advantage of the low low prices out side of the more touristy places.

Bambu is a great place to explore David, and the surrounding sites, like hot springs, canyon swimming, zip lining, beaches, and hiking.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

David seems to only have a couple of hostel options and we were really happy choosing Bambu. We ended up extending an extra night.

Rooms: I stayed in double private w/bathroom and was definitely satisfied. Clean, had a/c, a small TV, desk area, and a spacious bathroom (warm showers). Wi-fi was strong in the rooms.

Facility: Still under some renovations, but the kitchen is well kept and the pool area is fantastic hangout spot. Also a bar area with $1 Panamanian beers. Free avocados! Tasty restaurant across the street, $3-4 gets you dinner with fresh fish, plantains, and a drink...great backpacker option!

Staff: Volunteers have been trained well and the owner was really there to please his guests...super friendly!

Location: Probably need to cab it to everywhere, but $2-3 cab ride into the heart of David (bus terminal, etc).

My wife and I really enjoyed our time here and would recommend.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank eldnart
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Very friendly owner of hostel. Nice interior and amazing garden with swimming pool.You can buy some drink at hostel or opposite of hostel is good fishing restaurant.
Good wi-fi and not far way from bus station. We were enjoyed to stay and hope comeback again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple