“Fantastic stay on an amazing island”
Review of Casa del Sol

and 1 more site!
Casa del Sol
sydney
“Fantastic stay on an amazing island”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My fiance and I stayed at Casa del Sol for 2 weeks.

Firstly, Contadora was the best part of my 4month trip where I have been to some really beautiful places like Thailand islands, Paris,The Caribbean, and more. The island is small, quiet, relaxing and full of beautiful beaches. The snorkelling is amazing. You can see so much by snorkelling around the island but also in the area are many other untouched islands so hire a boat and spend the day snorkeling around these islands too. The people at Casa del Sol can help you organise that and anything else you want to do.

We stayed in the bed and breakfast sunset room which was clean and had everything we needed. There is a good bathroom, a closet, a fridge and plates, cups and cultery. The AC worked perfectly and there is also a fan. There isn't a TV but we liked that.

The staff are so lovely and helpful. We found people in Panama city to be a bit rude but on the island everyone is friendly and will often say a hello (Buenas) to you as you walk around.

There isn't much choice for restaurants on the island but the food was pretty good. We are vegetarian and it was harder for us to find anything to eat. We basically had a choice of salad, pasta or pizza.

Note: bring enough cash with you because there are no ATM's on the island and no easy way to get cash.

Room Tip: There are 2 bed and breakfast rooms. I think the sunset room is bigger than the sunrise room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LexyWatson

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
clarksville
Reviewed December 31, 2012

The host, Peter, was waiting for me at the beach with a sign when I got off the ferry. He gave me a tour of the island on his golf cart; showing me all the beaches and places to eat. I got an early check in to my room. It was really nice. No TV, but I was not there to watch TV. I did not need the AC because I had windows, screens and ceiling fan. There is a "cash bar" fridge with breakfast food, water, beer and wine. When I left, Peter drove me back to the beach.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank scrape_dig_salt
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed November 17, 2012

At Casa del Sol you will experience the best customer service on the island. We stayed at the apartment. This was by far one of my best vacations so far in my life. Peter is the most sincere and honest host I have every encountered in my travels. He represented his rentals 100% accurately. I will always rent from him when traveling to Contadora. I highly recommend Casa del Sol. You will be pleasantly surprised, you can rest assure of this. We had the best accommodations for visitors on the island. You need not look any further; Casa del Sol is you best option when traveling to Contadora!
Vince from Arizona

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vince M
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Our weekend plan almost fell apart when we missed the ferry to Contadora, but the owners of Casa del Sol came through for us by contracting a local fisherman to come in his panga boat to pick us up. Pangas are not the most comfortable, but the ride was magical: we saw whale, sea turtle, and a pod of friendly dolphins swam with our boat! We rented the villa; which comes with everything! This rental would probably be best for a family with older kids (ours are young); as the house comes with cruiser bikes, fishing poles, stand-up paddle boards, and more! We didn't use any of the above; but did enjoy the driving and exploring each and every island beach with the included 6-seater mule! When we went out for a proper whale watch tour one morning, we were not disappointed either! All in all, a great weekend despite some occasional wrenches due to weather!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Lugano
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We rent " the villa" that is in fact the little used private house of Joseph. Being somebody's house, it has a real charm. The house offers beside the mule included in the price ( that is a vero sizeable plus when talking about cost) paddle board, several snorkeling equipment, bicycles and equipment for picnic.... The house itself has beside two suites and a full equipped kitchen books (beautifull ones) CD including a wide jazz collection, amaque, training machine, movies to be played on a wide flat screen Tv with Bose sound.
The charm of the place is hard to describe in words. Joseph has an obvious taste and there are plenty signs of his personality.
It is a place such as to wellcome a rainy morning. Casa del Sol as organizzation is well run, they were so kind to prepare a chilled bottle of good red wine for us to celebrate our honeymoon.
The island itself was fascinating, and we do plan to be there again, again at Joseph Villa.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Carlo S
Bologna, Italy
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Very calm and clean place, close to two of the best beaches in the island. The owners (very nice and kind people) can rent you a mule vehicle (the only kind of vehicle in the island) needed to go around and discover the beaches and the few restaurants in the night time. All you need for continental Breakfast is in the fridge. Whale watching, fishing and eating at Piero's house-restaurant (a mad italian guy two steps away from Cas del sol, makes our stay of 5 days really great!
Lorenzo, Bologna, Italy

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
toronto
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Casa Del Sol was the BEST!!! We stayed in Casa Ken and for $250 per/night had a beautiful 4 bedroom, 4 bathroom spanish villa with a private pool (one of the few on the island) and a 6 man golf cart to get around the island. I was so beautiful I hardly have words and OMG talk about value!! I recommend Casa Del Sol big time!!

Room Tip: Book Casa Ken for the luxery experience
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family