“Greatest Panama Attraction” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gatun Eco Adventures

Gatun Eco Adventures
Ranked #14 of 18 things to do in Colon
More attraction details
Owner description: GATUN ECO ADVENTURES (GEA) is a different and unique Ecotourism Center located in the Province of Colon, only 45 minutes away from Panama City. Its 27 hectares (67,5 acres) include the pristine rainforest of Fort Gulick, a former US Army post. The area formerly served as protection to the Panama Canal on the 2nd War and training grounds for special US Forces such as the Green Berets. GEA has all the necessary elements to facilitate entertainment, enjoyment and recreation; activities such as low-impact tourism, sustainable extreme adventures, ecology, preservation and conservation of the surrounding biodiversity and the region’s natural and cultural resources are promoted with the sole purpose of guaranteeing the enjoyment of nature.We offer: 10 Zip lines, Hanging bridges, Ecological trails, Catamaran tours and more….
Miami, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Greatest Panama Attraction”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2010

Sure, the Panama Canal is a wonder for the world to see, but this ecological experience I had with Gatun Eco Adventures was the funnest thing I did in Panama, and obviously one of my favorites. The zipline is an amazing experience that kept me wanting more and site itself where this is hosted is a beautiful native sanctuary that you cannot miss out on.

3 Thank JuancaP

Saint Paul, Minnesota
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Zip line canopy ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2010

I did their zip line when I was in Panama with an Overseas Adventure Travel group in June 2010. It was the highlight of my trip! Of course, going through the locks is why I came to Panama, but this was a thrill that I wasn't expecting. I felt they were very professional yet friendly and they seemed very safety conscious. Their equipment seemed to be in very good shape; of course, I realize it's all rather new. Would love to do it again.

5 Thank TravelNewbie2009