I stayed at the Hotel Radisson Colon with my partner, son and a group of friends that family in transit to a cruise. I only stayed one night but I wanted to experience as much as I could while staying at the hotel.
The good news is that The WiFi worked pretty good which turned out to be great as I had an emergency that I had to tend to back home. There is also a business center which we used for free. This is an added bonus.
The experience at the restaurant was not very nice at all in the evening. The waitress took very long to acknowledge us and I had to physically go over to her and tell her that we were ready to make our orders. This was totally different from the morning crew who came over and ensured that we were well taken care of. The morning buffet consisted of hash-browns, scrambled eggs, a mixed chicken and a mixed beef and a great medley of fruits.
We needed to get a baby bed, which is an arrangement that we were told would be in place when we go there. There was no baby bed and when I inquired about getting one I was told that this would not be possible at this time (we checked in around 4pm in the afternoon). I was very disappointed but it was only for one night.
My biggest challenge was the language. I really thought that, because the hotel was in an industrial area where you would have international travelers, there would be more people that spoke English. My general experience in Panama is that there were not many people that spoke English so I had to bite my tongue a few times to communicate...
In general it was an average stay. I think that the customer service could've been much better and more English speaking people at the front desk would also help.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge Yourself at the Radisson Colon 2,000 Hotel & Casino Make your escape to the Radisson Colon 2,000 Hotel & Casino, an upscale property offering superior amenities and an unrivaled location in the cruise port, just steps from the Colon Free Zone. During your stay, you'll enjoy outstanding hotel services like free high-speed Internet access, a full-service Business Center, massage treatments, a Fitness Center, a sauna and an outdoor swimming pool. One of the most important free-trade zones in the Western hemisphere, Colon connects trade routes all around the world. In addition, Royal Caribbean's "Enchantment of the Seas" cruise liner calls the Colon 2,000 port home, making the Radisson an ideal accommodation choice if you're departing on a cruise. Make your reservation at this beautiful cruise port hotel in Colon, and enjoy easy access to Panama's best natural and cultural attractions. 100% non-smoking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Carlson, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Radisson Colon 2000 Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Colon 2000 Hotel And Casino
- Radisson Colon 2000 Hotel Colon
- Colon Radisson
- Radisson Colon 2000 Hotel & Casino Panama