We traveled as a family of 5 and spent the night at this hotel after crossing the Panama Canal.
It is located next to the free zone and this is NOT an area that you want to go walking with you kids after dark. The location is good in the sense that it is close to the docks where the ships drop you off.
The hotel was clean but the rooms smelled very musty. The linens had seen better days and the hallway music was really loud. We also had the misfortune of staying on a night when they marching bands practice right outside the hotel, until 11pm at night. There is no way to shut out the sound of the bands, this really was overwhelming.
The restaurant had a good menu but they confused our orders and the service was really slow- and we were the only patrons that night.
Two good points about the hotel: the breakfast buffet was very good, with plenty of fruit, breads, cold cuts etc. The bathrooms were nice, clean and had excellent hairdryers by hotel standards.
We only stayed in Colon because our next tour started in the city, but to do it over again I would arrange things differently to avoid staying there. Having said that, it was not cruise season and we were the only tourists around, it may have a different feel if you are with a large group coming off a cruise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge Yourself at the Radisson Colon 2,000 Hotel & Casino Make your escape to the Radisson Colon 2,000 Hotel & Casino, an upscale property offering superior amenities and an unrivaled location in the cruise port, just steps from the Colon Free Zone. During your stay, you'll enjoy outstanding hotel services like free high-speed Internet access, a full-service Business Center, massage treatments, a Fitness Center, a sauna and an outdoor swimming pool. One of the most important free-trade zones in the Western hemisphere, Colon connects trade routes all around the world. In addition, Royal Caribbean's "Enchantment of the Seas" cruise liner calls the Colon 2,000 port home, making the Radisson an ideal accommodation choice if you're departing on a cruise. Make your reservation at this beautiful cruise port hotel in Colon, and enjoy easy access to Panama's best natural and cultural attractions. 100% non-smoking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Carlson, Hotwire and Travelocity so you can book your Radisson Colon 2000 Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Colon 2000 Hotel And Casino
- Radisson Colon 2000 Hotel Colon
- Colon Radisson
- Radisson Colon 2000 Hotel & Casino Panama