“Leisure Time”

GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“Leisure Time”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I did not spend the night at the Hotel... But went many times for dinner and the food and service were great. I cant wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Itza6
RadissonColon2000, General Manager at Radisson Colon 2000 Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Dear Consumer:

We appreciate you taking the time to feedback about your recent dinner with us.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Colon 2000 Hotel & Casino we would like to thank you for your visit and we hope to see you again.

fernando.castro@radissoncolon2000.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Czech first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed July 9, 2012

located just outside the Colon free zone , excellent for business visitors , has a casino, restaurant has international menu , good quality food,
conveniently located next to the cruise terminal and supermarket and lots of restaurants at walking distance.

Room Tip: select a room with ocean view
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
, General Manager at Radisson Colon 2000 Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear Suresh:

We appreciate you taking the time to feedback about your recent stay with us.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Colon 2000 Hotel & Casino we would like to thank you for your visit and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

I am available for any further service or requirement.

Radisson Colon 2000 - Hotel & Casino
York, England
Reviewed May 31, 2012

This is my second review on this hotel; I stayed at this hotel in January 2012 for 3 nights and was very disappointed with the receptionist attitude on arrival and discourteous bar service throughout our stay. On my return to England I wrote to Radisson Customers Service Department in Dublin, Ireland where my letter and emails went unanswered.
As a result of this I decided to write a review on ‘tripadvisor’ outlining my dissatisfaction with the service I received from this hotel and Radisson Customer Service Department, Dublin, Ireland. Once my review was published I was pleased to receive a reply and apology over the service issues we encountered during our stay from the General Manager, Mr. Fernando Castro.
It has been reassuring that the General managers apology has turned a negative review of this hotel to a positive outcome, thanks to him and thanks to ‘tripadvisor’.

On a positive note, our room which was on an upper floor facing the harbor was very comfortable, clean and well maintained by the housekeeping staff. We were pleased with the restaurant ‘buffet’ dinner on the first night which was value for money, the breakfast’s choice was good and with attentive staff who were very friendly.

The hotel also provides a taxi service which we used for the day to take us to Portobelo, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, about an hours drive from Colon.
It should be noted that if you plan to go out of the hotel into Downtown Colon, then take a reputable taxi and don’t wander around on your own. If you go through the back door of the hotel this leads to a shopping complex, with a small supermarket, internet café selling some very nice coffee, souvenir gift shops and restaurants which we frequented and had a lovely meal. This area was safe enough to wander around on your own, any how should you have any concerns about visiting the surrounding area of Colon then check out your plans with the hotel management before you venture out.

Also within walking distance of the hotel and safe to venture to across the road is Zona Libre (Duty Free Zone), we spent a couple of hours wandering around this vast sight, not really for the tourist shopper who is looking for a duty free bargain, unless of course you are looking to buy a pallet or container of the stuff, then you are in the right place.
However my wife did manage to find a shop that sold single items and purchased her favorite perfume at a bargain price.

Other sights well worth visiting from the hotel is the Panama Canal, Gatun Locks in my opinion this is a ‘must see’ better than the Miraflores Locks this is a short taxi drive from the hotel. If you have time then combine this tour with a visit to Fort San Lorenzo an interesting drive to see the flora and fauna, on the way there we stopped off for a lovely lunch at the Panama Yacht Club which is located on the site of Fort Sherman, an abandoned US Navy base. Once back at the hotel we took the complimentary transfer to join our cruise liner.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DougieYork_England
West Midlands
Reviewed March 20, 2012

The hotel staff are more than helpful and were very patient with our limited Spanish. the breakfast is good and the bar a pleasant option for evening drinks. If you are staying a night pre cruise this is an excellent option. Colon is not a city for an extended stay - dirty and dangerous but you will feel safe and well looked after in the hotel. The hotel has direct access to the colon 2000 shopping centre with an excellent supermarket, nice bars and restaurants and a few souvenir shops. The pool area is nice to relax and there is an excellent view of the cruise ships when they are in port. You can walk from the hotel to board your cruise in a few minutes. If you do decide to stay a few days post cruise link up with My Friend Mario website as his trips are reliable, safe and will enable you to make the most of your time here.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be the same - high standard Ask for one overlooking the Colon 2000 for good views...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jasper20
RadissonColon2000, General Manager at Radisson Colon 2000 Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Dear Guest:

We appreciate you taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us.

We thank you for the feedback about the rooms.

Radisson Colon 2000 - Hotel & Casino
(507) 446 2000
Calgary
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Other reviews made me second guess our choice of staying here in advance of boarding a southern Caribbean cruise January 2011, but we couldn't have been more pleased with the hotel. It's within a block of the pier. We came over from Panama City on the on the day cruise, a trip I'd highly recommend. The lady at the concierge desk was so much fun, unforgettable, helpful in so many ways !

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank dollstory
RadissonColon2000, Manager at Radisson Colon 2000 Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Dear Guest

north carolina
Reviewed September 11, 2011

I spent 11 days in this hotel and by the time I left...I felt like family. The staff did a wonderful job of making you feel at home. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone doing business in Colon!

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before conformation
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank tunatowerguy
Dear Guest:

DC
Reviewed August 19, 2011

The hotel is very nice. My flight arrived after midnight, so i guess they thought I wasn't going to arrive. I did arrived but with my missing luggage. Not there fault, but as I entered to my hotel room around 1:30am there was someone trying to enter our room using their key card. Only to be freighten for a quick 10 seconds and in the next minute receiving a call from the receptionist apologizing. Apparently security thought the room was empty and probably was going to sneak a 1/2 hour of sleep. Instead of knocking first. But besides that, they were courteous, front desk staff a little unorganized for late arrivals.

And about the January 2011 incident, about Victor the manager, that was pure unprofessional on himself. He needs to remember who he represents and what the word hospitality means. Brief all front desk personal re: late arrivalsl and individuals who have not made it in for their reservations. I'm sure they have a manifest on reservations, etc. Victor is lacing of initiative and better coordination of the front desk management.

At last, his response was very bullying to the traveler, so I suggest a course on public relations. In this type of business you need to know that the customers are always right.

So I hope Victor is reading this and shape up....

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank GGC2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colon
Melia Panama Canal
Marina Hotel at Shelter Bay
#1 of 1 in Fort Sherman
Gamboa Rainforest Resort
La Granja Campo y Aventura

Been to Radisson Colon 2000 Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!