“Secluded, relaxing paradise!”
Review of Finca Lerida

Finca Lerida
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Boquete
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My friends and I stayed here during a short trip to Boquete. The finca itself was beautiful - we particularly enjoyed hiking the long trails in the back of the property. The staff was terrific and very helpful, and the coffee was OUTSTANDING - I had 3-4 cups a day! So fresh and flavorful. Great location for birdwatching as well.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Brian G
GerentedeVentas F, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Finca Lerida, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

I am very glad you enjoyed the bird watching and coffee during your stay with us at Finca Lerida. We hope to see you again soon. We ll keep a fresh pot of coffee on for you

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I stayed a night. Doris the marketing person gave me an introduction to coffee processing and tasting and I really appreciate her time and information.

I was upgraded to a superior room. I paid $150 for the night. Considering the walk in rate for that room was $270 I got a very good deal. I appreciate the shuttle pickup from the airport but the employee decided to stop to fuel the car. Took 25 minutes. I was tired and it wasted my time and he could have fueled the car before picking me up.

The head chef makes a smoked tomato soup. his molecular cuisine trout with pumpkin dipping sauce very good.

Breakfast was a bit of a hit and miss affair as there were few guests and no buffet. Service was hit and miss with staff with no English (dining room).

Thanks Doris and the front desk staff for your warmth and hospitality. Also thanks to the driver for giving me a lift back into town when I left. Great place to stay for the experience of a working coffee farm. I look forward to your agriculture museum of coffee if it happens in the future!

Room Tip: price is the breaking point here. how much can you afford. not much sound proofing between rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank sharonr806
Doris G, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Finca Lerida, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear Guest:
Thanks for your comments .
In Finca Lerida appreciate all our customer comments and we take all comments and use them to improve our services.
Thanks again for share your comments and let us know how your experience with us was pleasant.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Today we had a magnificent coffee tour at Finca Lerida in Boquette. Rolando Vargas explained and showed us with great knowledge and passion the complicated but required steps to make top quality. If you want to make a coffee tour at Boquette, we recommend you to go to Finca Lerida and ask for Rolando.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HermanPaul
Doris G, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Finca Lerida, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Dear Customer:
We are glad that your experience in our Coffee Tour , was pleasant and educative.
Thanks for share your comments

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Paid about $275 for a junior suite with 2 queens. Bathroom was great as was the room itself. Included breakfast was good. Staff was not too friendly. Charging $38 a person for the coffee tour from guests of the hotel was a rip off. Town is a ten minute ride away and you are a bit of a captive. Very few birds unless you count hummingbirds - letdown considering this is the birding capital of Panama. And Quetzals show up only in Feb-April. Recommend staying at one of the boutique places in the town like Panamonte.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Novice2010

Dear Guest: I am glad you enjoyed your room and breakfast during your stay with us at Finca Lerida. Just so you are aware we do provide a complimentary shuttle service into town. As for our tours we try and make our customers aware that the tours are booked serparately and apologize that you were not made aware of this sooner. We do appreciate your feedback as we are always looking to improve our service.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We spent two nights at the beautiful place located at the end of a valley about 8 km outside Boquete (the 3 km sign is very 'optimistic' ;-). Like one of the other reviewers, we were next to the bar, but management must have taken note - we didn't hear any noise. The rooms are comfortable - they lack heating but that wasn't an issue as the temperature fluctuated between 16-24 degrees C - very nice.

The real highlight was a 5 hour bird watching tour with Cesar - a fountain of knowledge and all around nice person. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience and managed to see nearly 30 different kinds of birds. On the way back, Cesar explained to us the basics of coffee production which provides the main income for Finca Lerida.

The restaurant is nice with interesting menu items. Breakfast (included in our price) was a little basic but still fine. Overall the value was excellent given the beautiful surroundings, well maintained room, reasonable priced room and good service.

We have been to similar properties before but few have got the same balance of comfort and nature as Finca Lerida. I recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank GerardN
Doris G, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Finca Lerida, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Customer:

Thanks for share your experience in our hotel and let us know how was your stay.
We are glad that your stay was pleasant.
We are sharing these comments with our coworkers in order to encourage them to always work for an excelent customer service.
Thanks again for choosing us.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We had lunch here and found the setting delightful. Honestly you could not find a nicer setting to stay at or even for lunch. The smoked tomato soup is the BEST tomato soup I have ever had, the chicken my husband had was fantastic, my vegetarian sandwich was delicious and so plentiful I had to half of it home with me. Our waitress was so extremely accommodating, service was very rapid despite two very large groups of people. Oh and the coffee was the best, I wish Starbucks would buy from these coffee plantation. The birds oh my. It may seem this review is over the top, it is much deserved.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank esopus35

Dear Customer :
Thanks for share your comments .
We are glad that you had enjoyed our restaurant.
Everyday we are looking forward improve our services in order to offer our customer a great experience.
Thanks again for visit us.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

My second time visiting Boquete, this time with my family (Mother, Father, brother and sister).

Finca Lerida made for a perfect place to stop in for the afternoon. We took a hike up the hillside for a view of the valley. My mother is not as mobile so stayed at the coffee shop and had "the best coffee" in her words. We took the afternon tour of the working coffee farm and were thrilled with the quality of the tour. Rolando gave us a detailed tour of the farm, explaining the different varieties of coffee plant, the processing steps and finished with a propper demonstration of Cupping. After the tour we were served a delicious cup of coffee with a piece of moist cake.

Thanks for a great experience!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LW_in_TO
Doris G, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Finca Lerida, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Dear Customer:

First of all Finca Lerida Staff want to send you oir kindly regards and best Wishes in these Holidays.
Thanks for share your comments and let us know how was your experience.
Unfortunately as the coffee season is just starting we ran out of some samples of other variety of coffee for out cupping.
We are glad that your experience with us was pleasant and that your mother also enjoyed the experience to taste our coffee.
Thanks again for your comments.