We've been living in Panama for over a year and I -finally- get why people want to retire here. Boquete was beautiful and a cool oasis away from the city. Finca Lerida capitalizes on that and helps you feel like you are completely separate from the world. For those of you coming from the States, the service will be slightly above average for a hotel of the same caliber. For Panama, we were blown away--FINALLY a place with great staff who smile, are prompt, offer suggestions that make sense, are helpful, knowledgeable about the product, take pride in their work and their place of employment, and genuinely care about the guests and their stay. Even the housekeeping staff paid extra attention to detail and were so kind.
Where to start?
- The rooms were clean, fresh, bright (but not at night with the excellent room-darkening shades), and were an interesting contrast of vintage meets modern. The hard wood plank flooring was a nice touch and in good shape. There was plenty of closet space/storage for a several days' visit. The beds were firm yet comfortable and bed-bug free. There were warm down comforters on the beds. The bathroom had a funky shower with a built-in radio and lights (the shower looked like it was on the lower end of quality but appeared very new). There were nice soaps and lotions, and a plush robe.
- The location was stunning. You are literally in the clouds. The grounds are immaculately maintained and there are cute little birdhouses with lights under them all over the pathways. Even though it was windy and misty most of our stay, we did have some sunny spots and we took a little hike to a waterfall near the property. I want to return. This was the coldest I have been in Panama at between 60-70 degrees.
- The restaurant staff was top-notch. Most of the staff (both hotel and restaurant) appeared to speak good English. The food was a bit pricier than what one would want to pay for every meal out but it matched the high quality and taste of the food. We had the trout and a chicken dish that had sides of pumpkin and parsnip puree, respectively. Excellent flavor. The kids had chicken fingers and fries--with a sprig of rosemary from their herb garden for extra effect. The chef was very attentive to our needs and even procured a turkey for Thanksgiving on his own initiative!
- Speaking of kids, our group had nine children between us ranging in age from 2-13 and the staff were all super nice to the children, always smiling, and very accomodating.
- The only suggestion I would have for the hotel is to put a bit more info on the website about exactly where the hotel is located. It is approximately 600-700 m higher above Boquete, so don't make my mistake and look at the weather report (lows of 70) for Boquete when planning your wardrobe! ;-)
- In sum, I highly recommend this hotel and plan to return as often as possible. It is my new favorite location in Panama.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Finca Lérida Coffee Plantation & Boutique Hotel, is the unique Boutique Hotel located inside a Coffee Plantation and surrounded by a National Park.Finca Lerida offer to our visitors 21 deluxe comfortable rooms, Coffee Shop, Restaurant, Bar, Banquets and Events.We are well known for our Coffee tours and Birding tours. In the new list of services Finca Lerida is ofering to the customers: Half Day Panoramic Tours, External Hiking Tours to Los Quetzales Trail, 4x4 Tour to Baru Volcano, Horseback riding and Hotsprings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Finca Lerida reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.